Friday, October 15, 2010

Rambling Through Writers Block

I have really been struggling to write anything lately.  I don't know what is wrong with me.  I want to write.  There are things to write about.  But every time I sit down at the computer to write something, I just can't.  Nothing comes.  Maybe I've grown disenchanted with blogging?  Maybe I need a boost in creativity?  I don't know.  But this is what happened tonight.  Matt is out of town, so I had a friend over to watch a movie and hang out for a while.  After she left I knew I wasn't going to sleep well anyway, so I thought "I'll just stay up late and write a blog post."

And I here I sit.  With nothing to write, other than the fact that there is nothing to write about.

Is this getting redundant?  Well, here are some random tidbits thrown together with no amount of creativity or cohesiveness.  You have been warned.

-I had a job interview a couple of weeks ago.  Not because I have to go back to work or necessarily want to go back to work.  But mostly because I miss being a social worker.  And I thought it would be fun.  So I went and it went really well.  But I didn't want to job.  Because there was no direct client interaction.  And that is the best part of being a social worker.  A person doesn't become a social worker so they can sit in an office all day talking on the phone and doing paperwork.  Lame.  But someday.  Someday I will go back, even if it's just part time.  Because I am passionate about social work.  But I kinda wanna get my Master's degree first.  How cool would that be?

-Aubrey is doing really well.  She loves preschool, and seems to be blossoming there.  Her new favorite thing to do is look at picture books, and point at every little picture while I tell her what it is.  She would do this for hours.  It may not seem like a big deal, but this is the first time that Aubrey has ever actually pointed at something consistently with only her pointer finger.  It is a really big cognitive step, as well as a fine motor step.  I am proud of her.  She has also been going #2 in the potty!  She is not anywhere near being completely potty trained, but progress is progress.  She still is not speaking any words or making any new sounds, but she has picked up a few new signs.  Her receptive language (what she understands) is growing by leaps and bounds every day.  It blows us away how much she understands of what we say.  And it makes life a little easier.

-I rarely get sad about Aubrey's challenges anymore.  And for the most part I am able to brush aside my worries and focus on the present.  But last Sunday was a really hard day for me.  We had our ward Primary Program in church, where all the kids get up during our service to sing songs and recite little things.  Aubrey was completely enthralled.  She responds so well to music and to other children.  She was paying very close attention.  I, on the other hand, was choking back tears throughout the whole meeting.  It was so beautiful.  But my heart broke a little.  I so badly want to see Aubrey up there someday, singing her heart out and speaking of Jesus in the microphone.  And I was jealous of all the parents and grand parents that got to watch with pride as their child(ren) took their turn.  It was just hard is all.

-I love my husband. A lot.  And he is good to me.

-I am loving fall.  We have started putting out our Autumn decorations, and it makes me happy.  Also, Aubrey is going to be a cat for Halloween.  A leopard to be exact.

-Just so you know...I just had to spell check leopard.

And that is my cue to go to bed. Nighty night.

3 comments:

beapinkal said...

Megan, you are so amazing! As i read your feelings about last Sunday I remember a story i heard long long time ago at church ( i would like to share it with you-i hope it is ok). It was about a little girl who couldn't walk and talk. Her mom was always singing to her primary songs and every time she got the little primary hymn book the little girl wanted to sing one song all the time which was her favorite. It was There is Sunshine In My Soul Today. That was her favorite song to tell the world and her mom that how much She loves the Lord and how much she knows Him. Now I know that i don't have any clue what you are going through but i'm sure that in Aubrey's little heart there are so many songs she sings all the time to her Savior. And I know that He listens and know how much your beautiful little daughter loves Him. And one day you will hear her beautiful voice. Thank you for being a wonderful example for me.

Sonnie's Stories said...

One little boy in our old ward used to sign his Primary program part. It made everyone so happy to see him beam after he did it.

whitney said...

I understand the posting conundrum. Frankly, sometimes I just don't feel all that creative, witty, etc.

As for what you DID post, I gotta say I love it. I love random musing posts like this because they are just so honest and really give the reader insight into your (the blogger's) life. Don't get me wrong, I love activity posts as much as the next girl...but there's something so personal about posts like yours.

yay! yay! for Aubrey making leaps and bounds in progress. I agree, a Masters degree would be very, very cool. I gotta work on getting that bachelors first though :P