Friday, July 2, 2010

Dear Aubrey,

You have been sick over the past few days.  Nothing too serious, just a fever.  Last night when I went in your room to check on you, you rolled over and looked in my eyes.  Then you opened up your arms to give me a love.  So I bent down and hugged you.  You squeezed me so tight.  Then you rolled over, sucked on your fingers and went back to sleep.

Aubrey, I am pretty sure that you were sent to this Earth for the purpose of spreading love.  That is what you do best.  And no matter how I try to comfort and care for you, you always seem to be the one giving the comfort.  Your hugs and kisses heal me.

I am sorry, Dear, that you can't speak to me with your voice.  I know it would make your life so much easier.  But thank you for speaking to me with your spirit instead.  Thank you for looking in my eyes, or laying you cheek against mine, or squeezing me with all of your strength.  You tell me so much when you do those things.

Someday, I know we will converse with words.  I cannot wait to hear all that you have to say.  But for now, your hugs are enough.

Forever,

Momma

5 comments:

Erica said...

oh megan.

i'm pretty sure you are right.

Jill said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww! Love it. Love her. Love you.

whitney said...

What a beautiful little spirit you've been blessed with :)

(I mean Aubrey's...although I'm sure your spirit is beautiful too ;)

beapinkal said...

Megan, you always make me cry. :) You and Aubrey are so wonderful,spiritual,beautiful inside and out and amazing. Thank you!!!

Kika VilaNova said...

I think i kinda know the feeling... the other day I had some very bad news and was crying uncontrolably. Olivia was so cuddly.. she kept wanting to be held and she would look in my eyes and pat my face and the give me the tightest hugs. feels so good! :) we are blessed!