Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How to ensure an early bedtime...



...Spend several hours a day in the sun and water!

Aubrey and I have been spending the past couple of days at the pool, and we are both in heaven (although you can't tell from Aubrey's serious face in the pictures).  There is something so restorative about swimming.  For me it brings back so many memories of long summer days spent swimming until I could barely move anymore, coming home and eating my guts out (is it just me or does swimming make everyone SO hungry?), and then CRASHING from exhaustion.  Luckily, Aubrey is a water bug just like me.  That girl would be so happy to spend all day everyday at the pool, and I am more than happy to oblige her.  Sure, my house may be a bit neglected in the process...but it is so worth it.  Because we come home, bathe, eat dinner, and then Aubrey is out like a light at 7:00 and we have all the time in the world to clean, and hang out together.

Today I called Matt at work to tell him Aubrey and I were heading to the pool with some friends, in case we still weren't home when he got home from work.  About an hour later as Ashley and I were laying in the sun, up walks Matt!  It was such a great surprise.  Things have slowed down considerably at work this past week, so he was able to leave work early and spend the rest of the afternoon with us.  Then we came home, made homemade veggie pizza, put Aubs to bed, and watched So You Think You Can Dance.

Best day ever.  I love summer.

6 comments:

beapinkal said...

Any time i go to the pool i get so hungry after afew hours. I remember one day when we got home and i ordered a pizza and ate the whole thing:)pretty funny:)
have a great summer you guys!radolu

Matt said...

I'm so jealous. I love swimming too, but I don't get to go very often anymore. (Maybe if I did, I would have the willpower to avoid Dairy Queen...)

Looks like a blast of a day.

Hoenes Family said...

We love to swim here too. I totally does make all of us tired and hungry! In fact, I am going swimming today! My poor girls haven't been all week. We have a super fun splash park here with water slides. I think you should come visit and check them out ....... :)

Jill said...

Agreed! Summer is the best for wearing the kiddos out!! let me know when you go next time and maybe we can meet you there!

whitney said...

How fun! My kids are definitely water bugs this summer too. yay! for pool time!

Rachel said...

Swimming really does make you hungry. Dan and I will go swim to work out and then I just crave doughnuts afterwards.