Friday, April 2, 2010

2:21 am

Aubrey is awake.  She has been awake since 11:30 pm. When I turned my lamp off and closed my eyes she woke up.  Why?  No one knows.  She has been incapable of going back to sleep.  She won't stay in her bed.  Why?  She didn't poop, she doesn't have a fever, her cold is gone, she isn't cold and she isn't hot.  I wish she could just tell me why.  I am at the end of my rope.  When your child is 3 they should be able to say they had a bad dream, or they don't feel good, or they're scared, or ANYTHING which would make a parent a little more understanding at 2:21 in the morning when they haven't been to sleep yet.

I would give my left foot to know what goes on in that head of hers.

4 comments:

Chiara said...

If you're lonely and want someone to talk to at that gastly hour....give me a call....
1-800-JETBLUE ;)-

Macks has been doing the same thing for the past 2 weeks....and what makes it worse is that due to the lack of sleep he WHINES ALL day long. All I've been able to figure out is that he wants to sleep in MY bed....feet in my back during my precious sleep is something I'm just going to have to get used to!! ;)-

I think you are fabulous and such a good mom!

whitney said...

Don't worry...when my little ones wake up (4 & nearly 3), they are usually typically too disoriented to tell me what's wrong too :P

Sorry about the nighttime visitor. That's horrid to be up at such a ghastly hour.

Melanie said...

Ugh... everything seems worse in the middle of the night, including my patience. Hope you got some sleep eventually!

Mrs. H said...

I am sorry to read this Megan. I do not know how hard it is to have a toddler who is not able to express themselves...I can sympathize with a child who wakes up in the middle of the night though. Caleb constantly wakes up in the middle of the night as he has night terrors 4 nights out of the week. Most of the time he is not able to tell me what the nightmare is about but all I can do is comfort him. Actually he's only been able to tell me about his night terror once...but sometimes all you can do is comfort them!