Monday, March 8, 2010

We're Alive. I Have Proof.

Well we have had quite a week at our house.  Matt only worked 2 days last week and spent the rest of the week at home, quite sick.  I also ended up getting sick, and Aubrey was still fighting her ear infection/cold, so between the 4 of us Stella was in charge of things around here!  I do have to say that even though we were all pretty miserable this week, it was so nice to have Matt here.  He went back to work today, and when Aubrey woke up this morning she wandered around the house looking for him everywhere.  She was so sad that he wasn't here!  But we're glad to be moving on with life again.

Aubrey just happened to have her 3rd birthday in the middle of all this awfulness, so we postponed her real celebrations for this week.  However, her Boot Scoot Bike did come in the mail, so we put it together and took her outside to ride it for a little bit.  She had an absolute blast on it.  I'll have to post some video later.

We all still have some residual symptoms, but on the whole we are feeling much better.  Last night was the first time Matt and I slept in the same bed all week (Matt snore's like a maniac while he's sick, and I toss and turn all night long).  We were quite a pair with our humidifier, nose blowing, coughing, and cold medicine induced sleep talking.  But it's nice to take care of each other. 

We weren't able to make it to church on Sunday, so we all sat down to watch Music and The SpokenWord together.  The choir sang a song called Peace Like a River, and it was so beautiful.  During the song they showed video clips of rivers, and streams, and other nature shots...and as I was watching I just started crying.  I think I was just so tired of being sick and feeling lousy...and being stuck in this house.  I wanted to be outside!  I just wanted to feel well and go be out in the mountains and fresh air.  It was a great reminder to me of how blessed we are to have good health.  I love this body of mine, and I don't want to forget how great life can be when we simply feel good, because not everyone has that luxury.

4 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Those bike pictures are so stinkin cute! Glad to hear you're feeling a little bit better, at least!

Katie said...

Oh yeah!!! She looks so cute! I'm glad she fits on the bike. I can't wait to see video.

Jill said...

Yay! I've missed you guys being around! Sooo glad you're at the tail end of things. Hopefully we will both get lucky and this will be it for sickness this season.....knock on wood! Aubrey looks so cute and happy on her bike! I've thought about getting one for Spencer too! Can't wait to get together this weekend!

whitney said...

yay! for an end in sight! Double yay! for big girls and birthdays! So fun!

Also, I just gave you an award!
http://semihipmom.blogspot.com/2010/03/horribly-sorry-for-delay-my-poor.html