Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wah Wah Woe Woe and Other Patheticness

Aubrey is still sick.  Croup that keeps us up all night, an ear infection, and now goopey eyes.

Matt came home from work yesterday saying he wasn't feeling well.  He was up all night...in and out of the bath tub.  He is home today with a raging fever and lots of pain.  He hasn't left our room in 15 hours.

I am exhausted.  And I have that tell tale tingly feeling in the back of my throat accompanied by that ache in my neck...and wondering who is going to take care of everyone if I get sick too.

Sometimes being the mom sucks.  I'm just saying...

7 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

Oh booh. That is all sorts of yucky! You'll have to inform Stella today of her impending duties... ;)

Ashley said...

I have cases of chicken noodle soup if you need me to bring some by!

Melanie said...

No! That sounds awful- sometimes the blessing of being a mom means not getting sick... other times it would just be nice to be the one getting cared for. Hopefully you'll avoid getting sick!

Kristin Hanson said...

Amen. It's no fun being the mom when everyone (including yourself) is sick. It's hard enough when just the baby is! Hang in there - the good thing about sickness is it isn't a permanent thing. :)

Jill said...

Have you asked her doc about her eyes? Hopefully it's just from being sick and not a new thing! Why has this whole year been crazy with sickness? Poor Matt. Hope he gets better soon, and really hope you don't get anything. Let me know if I can do anything! Seriously. I'm here to help.....Spencer would love a playdate with Stella! Anything, you name it. Loves.

beapinkal said...

I hope you guys all feel much better today. If i would live closer i would bring you some yummy hungarian vegetable soup:)
hugs

Ann said...

It IS hard being the mom and having to take care of everyone. And when everyone is sick, who's going to take care of YOU? If I knew where you lived I would show up on your doorstep with homemade chicken noodle soup and fresh rolls. And a good chick flick. It sounds like you need one.

P.S. Did you pick a color for you bedroom? I LOVE looking at paint samples. I can't leave Home Depot without picking a few up. We're not painting anything, I just like to imagine how I would do it differently the next time around.