Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In which I squeal with excitement...




January is over, and not a moment too soon. The days are slowly getting longer, the sun seems to be shining more, and for whatever reason I am feeling much better.

It may have something to do with the fact that last night Matt and I bought tickets to see The Avett Brothers in concert. At the House of Blues. In San Diego. (!!!!!)

Then we booked our flight to San Diego for $8.50! (Thank you credit card reward points)

Aubrey will stay with her Grand parents (thank you thank you thank you thank you!)

We will be gone for 4 days and 3 nights. The longest trip we have taken since Aubrey was born. Did I mention that I haven't been on an airplane since 2006? It is the truth, and a crying shame.

We will go to the beach every day and put our feet in the sand, and get tan (or burned in Matt's case). We will eat sushi, and go for long walks, and sleep in late, and watch cable television. And maybe if we can drag our lazy bones out of the sand and sun we will go to the temple, and to a museum.

And we will miss our girl. So we will come home again and be very happy to see her. I can't wait!

*Incidentally, we haven't found a hotel yet...so if anyone (hello CA friends!) has any suggestions for a place to stay in San Diego we will take them.

9 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

OH THAT WILL BE SO MUCH FUN!!! I am so excited for you guys. What a fun trip. We went to San Diego in Sept. But we stayed closer to Sea World instead of the beach, sooo. I am all out of ideas. I don't know what your price range it, but my choir group always stayed in the Catamaran which I think is pretty pricy but very nice. It is LITERALLY across the street from the beach. I loved going there every year.

Amy Jane said...

Ah. So jealous. The Pacific Terrace is really quaint and cute, semi pricey but you could maybe priceline it. ;)

Katie said...

How fun!! I'm so looking forward to being employed and not living on student loans. Wish we lived in San Diego and could invite you to our house--are the Avett Bros not playing in Iowa City?

Erica said...

that is awesome megan! good for you guys - have so much fun!
i'm jealous :)

Melanie said...

Hello! What a way to chase away the winter blues- have fun!!!

Helena said...

Jealous would't begin to describe it. And we've been looking for a good credit card with rewards like that, can you tell me which one it is??

Jill said...

Yay for you guys. I am so jealous! We absolutely love San Diego, went there on our honeymoon. Wish I had hotel ideas, but we stayed in a condo...It's going to be good for you and for Aubrey, she's going to Love you even more when you guys come back!

Rachel said...

I have been to the beach in San Diego only once, but it is still one of my favorite places and memories. I am jealous. Hope you find a place to stay.

whitney said...

I'm sooo green with envy! Seriously! Make sure you have loads of fun for every single one of us!

(ditto on Helena's credit card/reward points question)