Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Nyquil Hangover

I am sick. I have so much mucus in my head, it feels like it weighs 48 pounds. I got 5 hours of sleep last night. Nyquil doesn't work for me. I take it, then wake up in the middle of the night with the shakes and a heart that is beating too fast. Cold medicine makes me feel psychotic. So not fair.

I hate the inversion.

Aubrey had her evaluation for preschool yesterday. It took 2 hours. She tested as "severely delayed" in every area of her development besides gross motor. She was only "moderately delayed" in that area. I hate the word "severe". Hearing it makes me want to break things. I'll show you "severe".

I didn't cry during her testing. I was really proud of myself. I wanted to cry, and scream, and yell. But I didn't. When we were done we went to Arby's and shared a chocolate shake. Calories? Yes. Crying? No.

Despite the developmental delays, Aubrey is still in her terrible two's. She is a stinker. She had 3 timeouts yesterday. Right now she is playing with one of my scarves. She likes it when I wrap it over her head and around her neck...like she is a Hindu woman.

Stella pooped in the house this morning. She hasn't done that in months. Stupid dog.

I can't wait for spring.

9 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

You and Aubrey deserved that chocolate shake! I wish I could say that my dog pooped in my house instead of Kenzi......

Ashley said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you get better soon!! Let me know if you need me to bring you some juice or chicken noodle soup... or heck, a milkshake :)

Sally said...

SO SORRY!!!!

Somer said...

You did better at preschool testing than I did. I cried all through their stupid severely delayed prognosis. I wanted to say "maybe she just doesn't want to do your stupid test. Maybe she just doesn't feel like stacking the stupid blocks. Maybe putting a two-year-old in a room full of toys and then telling which toys she should play with and what she should do with them wasn't the best idea lady." But instead I just cried all the way home.

whitney said...

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry your day has been so crappy, sweetie.

Kelly E. said...

You are so strong! Hang in there. Only you and the ones that know Aubrey know the blessings of your beautiful babydoll!

Rachael said...

get a Neti pot! those things work like magic to relieve stuffed-up sinuses. seriously. I swear by it!

Nilla said...

So, I took a blog-stalking haitus and have recently taken a peek at your blog again. I wanted to share a thought (for whatever it's worth :))...

When I last read your blog (before this time), you were still waiting for Aubrey to walk. So to see the pictures of her walking!!! It was awesome. I realize that every milestone has probably seemed like an eternity to you -- but to come back to "visit" your life and see where Aubrey is now compared to where she was then! Wow!! I was so excited for you! And she is a beautiful little girl. Her curly hair and blue eyes are absolutely beautiful. And she seems so expressive -- at least facial-expression-wise -- in the pictures. And she looks so happy! Love the picture of her cheesin' in the "Words for 2010" post. So great!

Anyway, I know we don't know each other, but I just wanted to tell you those things -- for whatever they are worth :). And also... I applaud your desire to continue reading non-fluff stuff (that's the librarian in me coming out, though the fluff is fun too :)). But even without being able to read as much as you would like, I am betting you have been learning every day. And, you are a strong person. I admire you a lot for your strength, again, even though I don't really know you :). So, good luck with your goals and desires for 2010!!!

Mrs. H said...

I was just stopping by your blog and I read your Heading with the quote of Emerson and I have that exact same quote in the same spot on my page. Weird!