Aubrey is becoming more and more independent everyday. So this weekend when we were at Ikea getting Christmas presents and we saw this adorable little bed for a screaming good deal we took it as a sign (we are seeing signs all over the place lately!) that it was time to get this girl in a toddler bed.
I have to say that it has been fun (and a little frustrating...but mostly fun) watching her learn what it means to sleep in a big girl bed. Last night was her first night in it, and when it was time to go to sleep I laid with her for a long time so she wouldn't be scared. I haven't laid with Aubrey while she was falling asleep since she was just a baby, so it was nice to cuddle up with her. She sucked on her fingers and rubbed my face and played with my hair.
Of course she didn't go to sleep for a long time, but Matt and I traded on and off going in and getting her back to bed. Once I went to check on her and Matt was asleep (and snoring quite loudly) in that tiny little bed, and Aubs was sleeping too. It was cute and funny. It doesn't matter what the conditions are...if you put Matt in a dark quiet room he will be asleep within minutes.
Tonight after I got home from enrichment I went to check on her, and she was asleep on the floor just inside her door. Of course she still had her baby and her blanket!
It makes me so happy when Aubrey reaches an important milestone like this, and it makes me feel hopeful for all the milestones she will reach in the future. One step at a time!
12 comments:
That IS a big milestone! ...and such a sweet sweet story too. I love that family picture below--ALSO, a really neat story. You are full of them.
What a perfect princess bed! She looks so proud. You know, Leah's only been out of her crib for 3 months or so, and I'm still surprised when I find her out of her bed in the morning!
I love your new heading picture- you guys are beautiful!
How exciting and the bed is super cute. And ditto to the Morales family comment about your new heading picture, LOVE it!
I've noticed her independence too. She doesn't want me too close during nursery.
Oh and do you have a child size chair? She has a hard time getting on and off of the nursery chairs...but I can tell she really wants to master it. She spends a lot of time in nursery trying to get into one of the chairs on her own. I think she would like to practice at home. I think we should just steal one of the nursery ones for Aubs during the week.
Loving your little one. And you too.
What an excited step in your lives! She's becoming so grown up.
She looks like such a grown-up sitting on her bed like that! Good luck with the transition, and thanks for the visual imagery of Matt falling asleep in a tiny pink totally girly bed, you should have taken a picture!
That is so exciting! Her room is adorable. I love it. I also love your family pic. SO CUTE. You my fried, are a knock out.
I love that little bed, it's so perfect! She looks so cute sitting there, and so big and grown-up! You're going to have some fun stories by the time she master it! I agree with everyone else, cute pic!!
aw how cute!!! that bed is precious, and her picture smiling on it is priceless! what a cutie!
the headlone picture... GORGEOUS!! :)
hugss
Great shot up top!!!
I was getting all caught up on your blog and I'll tell ya - you really put your heart and soul into being Aubrey's mom and it totally shows. I think I really missed the parenting boat in the beginning and through a myriad of aha moments am finally getting it. (This is kind of embarrassing to write b/c, really, I think most people understand what it really means to be a parent.) But I am now fully getting what a humongous role motherhood is. Denial, scared to death, whatever it was, I was blind to it all (to some degree). But you are so the opposite of that. You know full well what you're doing, you invest your entire body and soul into that child. I love it. It makes me want to be a mom like that. I write in my journal and think and pray about being like that. Motherhood did not come naturally to me, but it did to you. Which is awesome. So good for you for being such a great mom and being exactly what Aubrey needed!
Kya has those SAME PAJAMAS, and they are her favorites :)
Reiny has those exact same jamis!!!
Post a Comment