Aubrey was signed off by her physical therapist a few weeks ago. No more physical therapy! It is a relief, but we will miss Julie. We love her, and she has blessed us tremendously.
Aubrey still hasn't caught on with daylight savings. She is ready for bed by 6:00 pm every night. We keep her up so she will learn, but the hour between 6:00 and 7:00 is hell in our house.
A little over a month ago Aubrey's genetic testing came back and the results were all negative. Which is good, kind of. It is also incredibly frustrating. Over 2 years, dozens of tests and procedures, and still no answers. Nothing to explain her low muscle tone and cognitive delays. We don't know where to go from here. Today as I was struggling to get her to pay attention to a therapy toy I wondered if we should try another MRI. Who knows.
Stella and Aubrey are best friends. They love each other so much and play so well together. Everyday Matt and I are so thankful that we adopted Stella. We could not have found a better dog for Aubrey, and we hope they will bless each other for years to come. It may sound strange, but Stella's unconditional acceptance of Aubrey makes us so happy.
We tried to get Aubrey's pictures taken last weekend. We haven't had professional pictures taken since she was 12 months. It didn't go well. She wouldn't sit still or stay in one place. She wouldn't smile normally. She wouldn't look at the photographer. We left with no pictures and tears in our eyes.
I have gained back all 7 pounds that I had lost. No doubt the result of not working out due to my damaged feet, and medicating sadness with food. Hopefully my pinkie toenail will grow back soon and I can use exercise to medicate my sadness.
Matt and I made it to the temple last week, and it was wonderful. When I go there I never want to leave. The peace, the quiet, and the spirit is what my soul needs. I wish I could go every week.
The end.
10 comments:
Self medicating through food got the better of me this past weekend too after dealing with a bombshell of news from some extended family members :/ I hope your toenail grows back quickly!
I also medicate through food. I think that is so wonderful that Stella and Aubrey are such best friends. I too hope your little toenail grows back soon!
We're still working on daylight savings too. My kids used to wake up around 6:45, now it is around 5:45 even though we keep them up. Then they're exhausted during the day.
I'm sorry the photos didn't work out. I'm starting to get into it even more and would love to take Aubrey's photos. If only we lived just a little closer.
I think kid photos are so overrated. We only get Spencer's done once a year and are lucky if they turn out. Toe nails are over-rated too. But, I know how hard you worked to lose the weight, and it's so frustrating. But, I still think you look amazing. And it was great to get back to the temple, we definitely needed it too! You should see if Lloyd can take some pix....
Sorry about the pictures, sweetie, that really bites. I have a hard time getting my kids to sit still for pictures too. yay! about going to the temple though. It's been way, way, way too long since we've gone w/the distance and three kids so young and everything. That's great about everything being negative, but still really sucky about not having any answers. That must be so frustrating. (((hugs)))
So I have an idea for the daylight savings thing. We've been struggling with that too. Last night we had the missionaries over so our dinner was an hour (at least...) later than usual. Then this morning both girls slept in about 1 hr & 15 minutes longer than normal...so I'm speculating that maybe a child's internal clock is linked to metabolism? This is really a theory...it may backfire majorly. I served dinner an hour later tonight as well and am hoping that the girls will sleep in again tomorrow. It kind of makes sense though. A child setting their schedule by their metabolism.... Just a theory.... If you try it out let me know if it works or if you crash an burn. :)
I need to start getting back to the gym too... once your foot gets better I think we need to start up our gym nights again. I need some serious motivation now that it is so cold and dark outside.
I love free-write-out posts like this :) It's so great to hear of Aubrey and Stella's developing relationship. My dream is to have a dog for Evan someday...i don't know if I can wait until we are out of this apartment!! Dogs are nothing but unconditional love (and happiness), and I think that's why we all love them. We will keep you guys in our prayers to get some answers...
Megan, I just love that you let people take a glimpse into your heart. I felt the same way about the temple last week. I just didn't want to leave, and while the Chicago temple is beautiful, it is nothing compared to the gorgeous one you have (practically) in your backyard! I'm just trying to hold onto the peace I felt there in the crazy moments of every day.
Meg,
I'm so happy Aubrey doesn't need phsyical therapy. Yay, Aubrey!! Did you ever work with PEEP when you were in Provo? We've just got Sam qualified for speech therapy and I was wondering if you knew anyone there.
Good luck with the night time routine. We are struggling with it as well. Daylight savings was clearly invented by someone who had no kids (that and 1:00pm church) - clearly a man was behind all of it!
Hope you have a good weekend!
Ann
Post a Comment