Not Pictured:
-Me breaking town in tears about 40 minutes from the summit because I was so tired, aching, and desperately had to go to the bathroom, wanting to turn around and go down, but knowing that I couldn't quit. At this point we weren't so much "hiking" as we were "climbing"up the face of the mountain. So I sat on a rock and cried for about 60 seconds and then kept going.
-Me flat on my face after tripping on a rock and falling on our way back down...and the subsequent tears (and swearing) that followed.
-My four blisters on my feet and the wicked sunburn that is mysteriously only covering one side of my face and neck.
-Me shoveling a double cheeseburger down my throat on the way home.
-Matt shoveling a TRIPLE cheeseburger (courtesy of Wendy's) down his throat on the way home.
Also not pictured:
-The cute Asian girl who followed us for the last half of the hike. We kept asking if she wanted to pass us, but in very broken English she kept saying "I follow you!"
-The sweet older couple who convinced me to keep going by saying "If you go down now, when you get to the bottom you'll be kicking yourself for not making it all the way to the top". Then they charmed us to the top with their southern accents and homemade peanut brittle.
-Me writing my name in the book at the summit for the very first time.
-The abundant hugs and kisses given by Matt at the top.
-Me breaking town in tears about 40 minutes from the summit because I was so tired, aching, and desperately had to go to the bathroom, wanting to turn around and go down, but knowing that I couldn't quit. At this point we weren't so much "hiking" as we were "climbing"up the face of the mountain. So I sat on a rock and cried for about 60 seconds and then kept going.
-Me flat on my face after tripping on a rock and falling on our way back down...and the subsequent tears (and swearing) that followed.
-My four blisters on my feet and the wicked sunburn that is mysteriously only covering one side of my face and neck.
-Me shoveling a double cheeseburger down my throat on the way home.
-Matt shoveling a TRIPLE cheeseburger (courtesy of Wendy's) down his throat on the way home.
Also not pictured:
-The cute Asian girl who followed us for the last half of the hike. We kept asking if she wanted to pass us, but in very broken English she kept saying "I follow you!"
-The sweet older couple who convinced me to keep going by saying "If you go down now, when you get to the bottom you'll be kicking yourself for not making it all the way to the top". Then they charmed us to the top with their southern accents and homemade peanut brittle.
-Me writing my name in the book at the summit for the very first time.
-The abundant hugs and kisses given by Matt at the top.
9 comments:
YOU ARE THE WOMAN!!! That is a tough hike. Good for you sticking it out!
You're awesome, Megan! You are going to kick the Grand Canyon's butt, no problem! I'm so impressed with all the training and prep you've done- you'll be ready for it!
Nice work Megan. That's quite the hike and now your name is recorded for all to see.
You are amazing! I've lived here in Orem my whole life and I've never made that hike! BRAVO!
Wahoooooooo for you!!!! Congrats on making such a crazy hike!! I really want to see the pix that didn't make it though....
Congrats!!! That is so awesome. I can't wait to hear all about your super duper big hike - you'll do amazing!!!
Good job Megan!! You will have no problem with the grandcanyon if you can do Timp!! Piece of cake.
Way to go Megan. that sounds pretty brutal, but I'm sure the summit was awesome.
You are awesome! I'm totally inspired!
Post a Comment