This week has been a rough one. Most of the time I float along from day to day, happy to be where I am, doing what I am doing. I mean, life is good! But occasionally things will start to unravel bit by bit until the end of the week comes and I realize I am quite a mess and want to do nothing but sit on the couch and pick my toes while I contemplate what to do with the wall behind my television. Yes, that sounds positively delightful...
But instead I think I will show some gratitude, because unlike picking my toes and staring at a wall, it will do my soul some good.
-I am thankful for my mother. She knows how to listen and empathize better than anyone I know, and everyone needs a person like that in their lives. In true mother fashion, she makes things better.
-I am thankful for Matt. He works hard, plays hard, and can always make me smile. When we hike and I am worn out he will recite lines from all of the best Seinfeld episodes until I am so distracted from laughing that I forget I am worn out.
-I am thankful for Aubrey's hugs. That girl has so much love to give. You've never lived until you've been given a hug from her.
-I am thankful for Stella. She is loyal, and cute, and funny. She is mauled by Aubrey's hugs all day long and she tolerates it so well. They are such cute friends.
-I am thankful for my in-laws. They give so much for their grand children, and children. They are the main reason that Matt and I ever get dates.
-I am thankful for my girlfriends. What do you say ladies...is it time for a girls night, or what?
-I am thankful for losing 3 lbs this week.
-I am thankful for sweet Erica. She loves Aubrey and we love her.
-I am thankful for the purple bushes blooming outside my front door. It is a sign that fall is on it's way!
-I am thankful for prayer. It never fails.
But instead I think I will show some gratitude, because unlike picking my toes and staring at a wall, it will do my soul some good.
-I am thankful for my mother. She knows how to listen and empathize better than anyone I know, and everyone needs a person like that in their lives. In true mother fashion, she makes things better.
-I am thankful for Matt. He works hard, plays hard, and can always make me smile. When we hike and I am worn out he will recite lines from all of the best Seinfeld episodes until I am so distracted from laughing that I forget I am worn out.
-I am thankful for Aubrey's hugs. That girl has so much love to give. You've never lived until you've been given a hug from her.
-I am thankful for Stella. She is loyal, and cute, and funny. She is mauled by Aubrey's hugs all day long and she tolerates it so well. They are such cute friends.
-I am thankful for my in-laws. They give so much for their grand children, and children. They are the main reason that Matt and I ever get dates.
-I am thankful for my girlfriends. What do you say ladies...is it time for a girls night, or what?
-I am thankful for losing 3 lbs this week.
-I am thankful for sweet Erica. She loves Aubrey and we love her.
-I am thankful for the purple bushes blooming outside my front door. It is a sign that fall is on it's way!
-I am thankful for prayer. It never fails.
5 comments:
Isca will be in the same nursery as Aubrey starting next month! I was in there today for a little bit, I hope Aubrey is feeling better soon. Also, I sat on my couch and stared at the 't.v. wall' for quite a long time this weekend wondering the same thing...my best idea is get a huge t.v. NOT gonna happen though, BOO! I hope next week rocks, if you need a laugh by next sat. I'm sure I'll trip or pee my pants or barf or something during the tri!
Woop Woop. GNO!
What a great idea...heaven knows I end up in the "staring at the wall" state all too often.
Every time I read our blog I miss you and think of our fun times at USU! How fun that Aubrey is walking! Take care- love you!
sometimes I forget to count my blessings when things are tough! Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment