I can't even begin to tell you how happy we are with Aubrey's progress lately. She is walking like Crazy! In the past 3 days alone we have seen her take more steps and use more balance than ever before. And the most amazing improvement is in her desire to do it...without needing to be persuaded. She actually wants to walk...which is something we battled for a LONG time. But, as usual, Aubrey has done things her own way and on her own schedule.
On Sunday we were at Matt's parents house for family dinner. We were in the kitchen, and Aubrey was standing up and holding my hand while we were standing around and talking. All of a sudden she let go of my hand and took about 5 steps across the kitchen to get to her cousin, Brynn. Just like that...of her own accord, she walked right over to her 4 year old cousin and gave her a hug. It was amazing! Just a few minutes ago I walked into the kitchen with Aubrey holding my hand. I decided to just let go and see what she would do. Sure enough, as soon as I let go and walked away she kept right on walking to follow me.
I know that I often use this blog as a place to write about our frustrations and struggles when it comes to Aubrey's delays...but I am so thankful for opportunities to share our triumph and gratitude for the progress she makes. We are so thankful to see her changing so much right now, and even though I know she still has a lot of work to do socially and cognitively, we're thrilled that we will soon be able to check physical therapy off of our list!
P.S. We'll try to get video soon so we can share it with all of you who have been so supportive during this process!
15 comments:
Yahoo! Way to go Aubrey! Megan, you are an amazingly patient mother. And I am happy for you!
Yay!!! Way to go Aubrey, what a great step forward, literally. She is going to just keep walking and then never stop! You'll be amazed. And, with her new confidence in walking, who knows, it may help in other areas as well!!! Congrats on such a big milestone! And thanks for your comment, I appreciate all the love and support!
Yay I am so happy she is walking around!!! Now you'll always have to make sure she doesn't walk places that are dangerous, I guess! hehehe
I love your bucket list too! I also want to visit Greece!
And the post about Molly Lou Melon, I am going to check it out! I haven't been great at reading to Olivia every day but I will start again, thanks for reminding me how important and it!
hugs!
yay! yay! yay! yay! yay!
That's about all I have to say about that :)
Go Aubs! Such a sweetheart- of course she will walk over to give someone a hug!
That is Sooooo great! Congrats!
that's awesome...she's going to see that walking has opened so many doors for her...things will definitely be looking up for sweet Aubs!
Hugest grin explosion while reading this post! ...and like Jason and Melanie Morales Family said, OF COURSE she did to go hug someone, too too cute!
Yay for sweet little Aubrey! The giving a hug part almost made me cry. Sweet litte angel:)
This is so exciting! That will be a great thing when she is walking all of the time. So liberating for the both of you!
That is so wonderful!! I can't wait to see it.
Wow, what a great development. Give her a big hug for me.
Way to go Aubrey! How exciting.
That is AWESOME!!! What a happy moment that must have been for you :-) YAY!!!!
Thats great!!!!
___________________
Melvin
Email Marketing Solutions
Post a Comment