Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Almay and Neutrogena Should Be Paying Me

I think I should probably preface this post by saying that even though I love makeup, I am not a makeup snob. I am just too cheap for that. If I can't buy it from Walmart or Target, then I won't be buying it. So if you buy MAC, or some other fancy products from department stores then you can disregard this post.

So, having said that. A few days ago I realized that I was out of the powder I usually use, and decided to make a quick run to the store. Even though I usually use powder, I decided that I wanted to try something new. I don't usually wear liquid makeup because I don't like the heavy, pour clogging feeling it gives me...but when I saw this one and that it had SPF 15, I decided to give it a try. I just have to say how much I LOVE this product. It comes out of the tube white, and then you rub it on and it blends with your natural skin tones and comes out the perfect color. Plus, it is really light and just feels like you're putting on moisturizer. It lasted all day, plus it never really "felt" like I was wearing makeup. LOVE it!
I also tried this Neutrogena healthy skin bronzer (to help give me that healthy summer glow I'm longing for), and I really like it too! Sometimes bronzer's can make you look a little too dark or orange, but I felt like this one was the perfect color palate for me. I got the one in the far left of this picture.

Anyway, I know this is the most random post, but since I grew up without sisters I never really had anyone to share all the girly products with. So there are my makeup suggestions for the day. Happy shopping!

6 comments:

Chelsea and Jay said...

I am going to have to try that make-up. It sounds right up my ally! Aubrey is beautiful and I know you and I am certain the Lord sent her just for you and Matt. You are both so sweet, gentle, and loving. I sympathize with your struggles. I am sure it is hard. I admire you, miss you, and am jealous you get a weekend to yourself! :) Jay and I really want to before baby #2 comes...you have inspired me to plan it!!!

Hoenes Family said...

Where is the picture of you wearing the make-up? You have not sold me until I see how beautiful you look with it on!

Rachel said...

This is pretty good advice actually. I've been thinking about trying out some new kinds of makeup and I wondered if that was any good. I'll have to give it a try.

WRYUN said...

I love that smart shade make-up, I've been wearing it since it came out. It's seriously the best stuff ever!! And really, it doesn't feel like you have anything on. It's so great! But I agree, we need pix chickie!

Erica said...

I am with you on the cheap makeup thing! I'm gonna have to give this one a try - thanks for sharing :)

whitney said...

Oooo, I'm all for it. I've tried to do the tinted sunscreen thing before, but they were always too dark for my fair skin, so now I'm going to have to go try this. Thanks for the advice!