Hello 2009. I'm so happy to see you.
Despite my tendency to be anti-new year's resolutions, I've really been thinking a lot lately about things that I want to work on during 2009. I guess you could say that I started 2009 with a change of heart.
Of course there are the common goals of wanting to lose a few pounds (my fat jeans are fitting right now and it's making me feel gross), wanting to be more organized, and taking better care of my house (it's been weeks since I've mopped the kitchen floor...which again, makes me feel gross). But even though these are good goals, I know that losing a few pounds or mopping my floor more often aren't really things that are going to help me become a better person.
Becoming a better person is what I would really like to accomplish in 2009. Some of the ways I hope to do this are...
-to stop asking "why" and start asking "how"
-to find joy in the journey
-find out more about myself
-learn to let go of my dreams/plans, and embrace the adventure of the unknown (aka go with the flow, dude)
-learn more about the gospel
-live a more grateful life
It's a hard thing to explain, but I had a really neat experience on new year's eve. I don't want to share all the details, but I feel like I was given a wonderful gift on December 31st. Hope. Something that has been missing in my heart for far too long. But these days, my heart is full of it. And I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be hanging around for a while.
So here is to a new year and a new heart.
2 comments:
I think you are a little hard on yourself sometimes Meg. I've always known you to be a grateful person filled with hope. You've always seemed to enjoy the journey. Those are just a few of the reasons I admire you - there's a lot more!
Very nicely written. Hope is a wonderful gift. And I think you are a great person, but I understand feeling the need to be better. So, here's to keeping the hope in 2009.
Post a Comment