Well, I've been waiting to post about this because I wanted to get it on video first...but that's not going to happen anytime soon. So here it is. Aubrey is cruising!!! For those who don't know the lingo...that means that Aubrey can hold onto furniture and take steps sideways. It happened for real on Christmas eve, and we count it as a Christmas miracle. She likes to walk along the ottoman from one end to the other to get things we tempt her with (like books and cell phones). We're so proud of her, and I can't wait to show her P.T. Julie, and see when she thinks Aubrey might be ready for a walker. Yipee!
Yesterday evening she was playing on the floor (and had her braces and shoes on). I was folding laundry and watching Oprah so I wasn't really paying much attention to her. All of a sudden she started screaming, and I noticed she had her foot stuck underneath the couch. As she was trying to pull it out she was twisting her knee really badly. She calmed down after a while and played happily on the floor while I made dinner. Later during bath time Matt and I noticed that she would cry when ever she stood up. But we decided to let her sleep on it and see how she was this morning. I knew immediately that something was wrong this morning when I went to get her out of bed and she was still laying down. She wouldn't put any weight on her left leg.
This morning her pediatrician confirmed that Aubrey has a sprained knee. I am so glad that it isn't something worse, and she doesn't have to wear a cast. But I still feel bad for the poor little thing. Especially since we're supposed to lay off the P.T. for a few days and let her heal. I hope she gets better soon and can start cruising again! In the meantime we'll be eating treats, taking ibuprofen, and watching some Barney.
8 comments:
I'm so sorry. How discouraging! Feel better Aubrey.
Cute little stinker!
Sorry for the sprain. But she'll heal up and before long, she'll be cruisin' all over creation. :)
Give her some loves from Uncle Matt
Cute little stinker!
Sorry for the sprain. But she'll heal up and before long, she'll be cruisin' all over creation. :)
Give her some loves from Uncle Matt
Hooray for Christmas miracles!! I hope her knee feels better faster than expected.
That's good that she didn't hurt it any worse, knee injuries are not fun. Hopefully she gets better quick so she can get back to cruisin.
I can't wait to see her cruise when you get to catch it on video. Jonah will be excited to see it too!
Aw, I've had a sprained knee and it totally sucks! But Aubrey is such a cute little angel that I know she will heal in no time. At least the good side is that she is really using her joints now, huh? How cool!! :)
hugs to you!!!
Way to go Aubrey on the crusing! And that poor little knee of hers. But that means lots of cuddle time for the two of you, how fun.
Post a Comment