Recently while taking a family walk, Matt and I got on the topic of things that scare me. And I don't mean little things like spiders, dishwater, or the weight room at the gym. I mean...big things. Things like hiking the grand canyon, the possibility of starting an at home business, having more kids, etc. I mean, we're talking about fears that top my list. We talked through a bunch of things, and the conclusion that I came to was that basically I'm really scared of things I know are going to be hard.
This much I know. If there is an easier way...I will almost always take it. (Note: Unfortunately I think Aubrey gets this quality from me)
Realizing this about myself has really helped me to think about the things I want in my life, and what I'm willing to do to get them.
So, my greatest goal for this Year Of No Fear is not being afraid of doing the hard things that will help me progress.
Oy. What have I gotten myself into?
3 comments:
You are such a strong woman that I think you can do just about anything!
You can do it! Change for the better always involves a little risk, and so there is always a little fear and doubt that can exist. You got this!
unfortunately, I think you are inspiring me to face my fears as well.... so, now we are in a fight :)
Post a Comment