Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Here's To You

Kacy over at Light Refreshments Served wrote a funny post today in which she paid tribute to her family. She encouraged others to do this too, so here goes.


Aubrey is a busy girl. She likes to go here and there and everywhere. Her new favorite thing to do is pull over her toy box and take things out one at a time. It sure makes a good mess, but I think it's darn cute.


Also, Aubrey really loves going grocery shopping. She makes every person that looks at her fall in love with her. She in content to sit in the cart and hold something like a box of butter or a package of lunch meat the entire time, smiling at strangers and babbling to me.

Aubrey goes to bed at 7 pm, and I can't tell you what that has done for my life as a mother! To have my evenings to be alone with my husband, clean up dinner in peace, read a book, enjoy a show, etc...I think it is the only reason I am remotely sane.

She is also super flexible. She can do the splits, fold her whole body in half, and hug her legs.


Aubrey has physical therapy today, and she did so awesome! She only threw one little tantrum...and she was able to calm herself down without me picking her up. Yahoo! She did so good that I took her to McDonald's to share an ice cream cone.



And here's to Matt. He has the best sense of humor in the world. He knows pretty much every line of every Seinfeld episode ever. And he has the uncanny ability to recite whole monologues of movies he hasn't seen since he was 10. I'm not kidding.

Matt is also one of the few people I know that can laugh out loud even when he's by himself. It's not unusual for me to be upstairs and hear Matt busting a gut downstairs watching Wipe Out by himself, and running out of air. He loves to laugh.

And Matt gives Aubrey her bath every night. And he remembers to brush her teeth when I forget.

Matt is a very hands on Daddy. He's not afraid to change a poopy diaper, take Bree to Priesthood, clean the wax out of her ears, or clean up puke. I like that. A lot.

And while I'm at it...

Here's to my mom. She makes really good bread, and shares. She always does her visiting teaching. She exercises 3 days a week, goes to institute. She also spoils us whenever she can.

And here's to my dad who still thinks his jokes are funny. He still holds my mom's hand when they walk together. And I'm still his favorite daughter ever!

And for good measure...here is to my brother Matt. Whenever we talk on the phone the conversation inevitably turns to the topic of poop. I don't know how, but it does. Potty humor runs in the family. And he promised to teach me how to make pie!

Here is to Jake. Raising 4 little girls, getting a PhD., fulfilling church callings. The man does it all...and he's an awesome dad. Also, he does really good Beavis and ButtHead impersonations.

This was really fun! I suggest you do it too. Especially if you need a good reminder of why you love your family so much:)

4 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

I love it! Aubrey looks so grown up in that picture! And I love hearing Kirby bust a gut while watching Wipe Out, too. I don't know if I have ever heard him laugh so hard...

Melanie said...

What a nice post... you're very good at showing love.

Your mom has a good bread recipe? Does she share? I'm thinking of braving that daunting domestic frontier.

And of course! I would love a double date- let's do it!

Lars said...

I read the LRS post earlier today. I like your version.

Carolyn said...

I love your post! What a great tribute to your family. You're so wonderful.