
On Saturday we were headed up to the lake to go boating with Matt's family and some friends. For some reason, while we were driving I started singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas". Matt ended up singing the whole song with me, and when we were done we started talking about how excited we were for Christmas this year. We talked about where the Christmas tree will go, how we should hang the lights outside, and all the yummy things we'll bake and take to neighbors. We decided on the perfect location for Aubrey's first sledding expedition, and drooled over thoughts of the traditional family dinner at The Roof downtown. We even made a list of the Christmas movies we need to buy this year (The Muppet Family Christmas, Elf, and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas cartoon version).
I guess you could say we're ready for summer to end!
6 comments:
So good to know i'm not the only one who starts thinking about christmas early. (not this early...but still:) I remember last year, it was end of october when i started listening christmas music and Daryl told me I'm crazy because it wasn't even winter time yet. And then when our home teachers came over one Sunday and I was listening christmas music one of them was loughing at me because of that:) Craziness. Now atleast I have this post on your blog so i can show it to Daryl and tell him that the problem is with him and not with me:) hehe
I miss you guys! So fun that you went boating.
I can second that, I'm totally ready for summer to end. I'm tired of hot weather.
I, too, wish summer were over and Christmas were here.
Just have to say I was at daybreak just a few days ago visiting Dave's Aunt and I am now completely jealous of you guys. It was so pretty!
You are a gal after my own heart. My girls start school next week and I am ready to go through my bins in the garage and check out the presents I have already bought to figure out what else I might need.
that is really funny. Christmas really should be celebrated 2 times a year, but then it wouldn't be Christmas.
I'm sooo ready for the holidays to start. Spencer's always laughing at me b/c I've already got the kids' Halloween costumes planned (just planned-not made;) and I'm already making a list of Christmas presents. I just can't wait for the cooler weather and all the fun things that come with it!
Post a Comment