Have you heard of The Secret? I haven't read the book or watched the movie, but I have heard about it from Oprah, and from other friends and family members. I know some people who really believe in this "law of attraction". I'm not quite sure what I think about it...but it can't hurt to send those positive vibes out into the universe, right? Here are some of the things that I hope come into my life or happen in my life.
1. I want Aubrey to learn how to crawl.
2. In time I want her to learn how to walk. (This is my favorite to visualize. I can see us having a big party for her because she has learned...and we're walking in a parade of friends and family down the street at our new house. She is holding my hand on one side and Matt's hand on the other side, and taking steady steps!).
3. I want to lose 10 lbs.
4. I want to make at least one new friend when we move. A kindred spirit!
5. I want to make good chocolate chip cookies!
I'm really going to focus on these things over the next months...and maybe years (ok, I'll probably only focus on the cookies for a few days). I am going to think positively and spend a few minutes before bed each night visualizing these things (in conjunction with prayer of course...again, I don't think I'll pray about the cookies.). We'll see how it goes!
5 comments:
A friend got me the book, but I haven't read it yet. And, now it's packed in a box, so I won't be reading it until after I move and get settled :). But, from what you described, I think it sounds valid. A friend of mine and I were talking once about the power of thought. She had an example from the scriptures (sadly, I can't remember it, though). But I think that, if our "bad" thoughts can lead to bad actions... Then it makes sense that the opposite is true as well. Okay, so this wasn't as articulate in writing as it was in my mind... But anyway, I think it's a great idea! (And even the cookies :) -- I mean, cookies are one of the joys of life ;)).
okay, here's my chocolate chip cookie recipe...
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. stick margarine or butter, softened (NOT melted)
1 large egg
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
chocolate chips
Cream together sugars, margarine, and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt, then add chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased cooke sheet. Bake at 375 degrees 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
Don't let the margarine (it seems to work better than butter) melt all the way--you just want it softened enough to beat. I sometimes find I need to add about 1/4 c. more flour, depending on how humid the day is.
These do work in Utah! Usually when I make these people say they're the best they've ever had, so I truly hope they work for you!
My sister Bethany thought this book was amazing and that it worked. I haven't heard much about it since she read it though. I read an article about it where a lady tried it for a month and said that everything didn't magically happen but she was at least setting goals and working towards them with a positive attitude. I haven't actually read the book, but maybe I should give it a try.
so sad i couldn't make it to the MNO, I was babysitting for a friend and... no babies allowed. I hope I can go to the next one!
I lvoe the secret, it's really impressive! and i think it goes along well with gospel principles. Better than saying "I want to" is to say "I WILL!" and I know you will accomplish all those things :)
hugs!!
YES YES YES! I can! :) I don't know what time y'all go to bed, so I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow. :)
Post a Comment