Sunday, May 4, 2008

Husband of the Year

I wish I could say that I haven't posted in a while do to all the fun things we did this weekend, but I can't. I can easily say this has been the WORST weekend we've had in a long time. It was so bad that I considered using "Shoot Me Now" as the title for this post. But rather than tell you all about the miserable stomach flu that plagued Aubrey and me over the past 3 days I'm going to tell you why I have the most wonderful husband in the whole world!

First, let me just say that Matt has been a busy fellow lately. Having just graduated and started a new job the poor guy has had a lot on his plate, and has been dealing with his fair share of stress. So when Aubrey woke up Friday morning having throw up in her crib, I said a billion prayers and got out the purell, hoping to avoid getting sick myself. Like Matt needed one more thing to deal with at the moment! No such luck.

So, on Saturday Matt spent the day caring for both Aubrey and me. He changed every juicy (sorry, there really isn't a better word) diaper, did about 7 loads of laundry, ran 2 baths for me, bathed Aubrey, put her down for every nap, fetched several glasses of water, rubbed my back while I heaved, and made a run to the store for popsicles (a must during a bout of the tummy flu). On top of that he also got everything together for an Elders Quorum cook-out, which he has to leave early on account of all the heaving at home. And all the while he was full of comments like "Poor Meggy! You are so sick!" and "What do you need, honey?".

Today while I was trying to recover my strength (I lost 6 lbs in 1 day!) he continued to care for Bree and give her lots of love and cuddles while I moaned on the couch. Not once did he complain about all of the stinky, messy diapers. He pressed forward with more laundry. He did all in his ability to get the "sick" smell out of our apartment. He loves us.

Despite how terrible things have been around here the past few days I am so thankful to be reminded of the phenomenal man Matt is. He is such an example of patience, selflessness, and unconditional love. How did I get so lucky?

So in conclusion, Matt wins the husband of the year prize.

10 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick, but so glad you have such a wonderful caretaker! coming off the end of the sickies myself, I can definitely attest to the wonderfulness of having a great husband to take care of you.

missy. said...

aww...go matt :) i hope you two are feeling better!

Melanie said...

I'm so glad to hear you were taken care of. I hope you guys are feeling better today!

Eliza said...

I'm so sorry. Peter, Paul, and I all got that horrible bug about three weeks ago....it was horrible!!!! I hope you are quickly on the mends and three cheers for Matt!

Rachel said...

6 1bs in 1 day! That can't be good for you. I'm glad you have such a great husband and I hope you feel better soon.

Mrs. S said...

That really REALLY stinks. Actually, "stinks" isn't a strong enough word for it! I'm so sorry! Let me know if I can do anything.

Erica said...

Don't you just love when husbands prove to us over and over again just why we married them? Sounds like you got a keeper!

beapinkal said...

I hope you guys are all healthy now! If you need anything just let me know!

Two Dot Crew said...

Megan??? It's Susan! I've loved reading your blog and catching up on what you've been doing. Bree is so adorable. I'm sorry to hear you were sick this weekend. I hope you're beginning to feel a little better. Just thought I'd say hey, and let you know that Jordan and I have a blog now too. Check us out and say "hi" sometime. www.twodotcrew.blogspot.com

Lauren Davison said...

I've never thought of using popsicles to help combat tummy ickies. NOW I KNOW! :) I'm glad you're feeling better!