Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's About Time!

Finally! Pictures from our first child-less vacation to St. George (or San Gorge`, if you will). We had the most wonderful time. It was such a strange sensation to drive away knowing we didn't have Bree with us for two days...but it was also really liberating! We cranked a special CD of vacation music I made for us, sang at the top of our lungs, and talked about nothing in-particular. The best part of all was that Bree was a total Gem for my parents. She took all her naps well, and was a good girl (although bedtime was a bit more difficult). We missed her a lot, but really enjoyed the chance we had to reconnect and celebrate Matt's upcoming graduation and new job.
One of the things we loved the most was that everything there was green and lush...where things up here were just starting to bloom.
Man it feels good to walk barefoot in lush grass.

On our second day we went hiking through some "narrows".
And we went put-put golfing. I totally would have won if it hadn't been so windy. My hair kept blowing in my face!
Matt is silly.

Oh, and when we were hiking we met a friendly little turtle who we named Bernard. I was worried about Bernard, because are turtles really desert animals? I wanted to take him home as a prize for Aubrey (she would have loved him!) but Matt said no, the stinker!
Those narrows sure were tight...it was scary but fun!
And of course we had to see the beautiful temple!
Aside from all of that we also went to a movie, went shopping at the outlet stores, went swimming and ate a lot of yummy food!
The week following our trip Aubrey has some separation anxiety, to say the least. But thankfully things are back to normal now. We're so glad we went!

7 comments:

Nat said...

Wow! It looks like such a fun trip!

Aubrey said...

So fun to see your pics from your trip! It looks like you guys had a blast. How fun to have some alone time just the two of you!

Melanie said...

Hello hot orange shirt! Lookin' good!

Rachel said...

Sounds like you had fun. Dan and I keep planning a trip to Moab and then someone in my family decides to move that same weekend so we haven't gone. Someday we'll go on vacation. We don't even have kids!

Eliza said...

Yikes, those pictures of you guys in the Narrows freaks me out. I am so claustrophobic (it was years before I could even sleep in a tent, pathetic I know) I would seriously have a panic attack. I'm glad you guys had fun though.

Lauren Davison said...

HOW FUN! The picture of Matt golfing made me laugh! That's just the kind of thing Kirby would do! :)

Kika VilaNova said...

That picture of Matt squatting and looking at the turtle totally reminds me of Trevor, whenever we go hiking or camping he spends most the time looking or listening to animals... i think that's so awesome! Nature is really the best! :)