
Well, we did it. After a lot of thinking and talking we decided we are going to take a weekend trip to St. George...without Aubrey! My mom and dad (i love you) committed to come to our house and watch Aubrey so she can be in her own environment. That was a major factor in deciding to go ahead with this trip. I really think that if Aubrey can be in her own home and sleep in her own bed she will be fine, and I will worry a whole lot less. So we went ahead and booked our hotel...and in a month we will be enjoying warm weather and child-free activities. I'm still nervous, but I am also SO excited to get the chance to reconnect with my honey. It almost feels like planning a second honeymoon:)
In order to have a great time and not spend the entire trip worrying about Bree I think we really need to stay busy. So I've already started a list of all the things we want to do:
-Dinner and a movie
-Sleep in
-A session at the temple
-put-put golf
-Hike (this picture is from our pre-baby trip in 2006)
-Swim and hot tub
-Shop (outlets here I come!...right Matty?)
-Snuggle;)
On a completely unrelated note:
I just had a conversation with Matt that really cracked me up. I was asking him why he never reads our blog, and why isn't he interested and he laughed and said "Why do I need to read the blog? I
live the blog
. The blog is my life...I am the blog." Ha! It's true!
9 comments:
That's right, Be the blog! (that was a funny thing to say.) Congratulations on your upcoming plans.
I'm so happy that you and Matt are going away for a getaway. That sounds like so much fun! Don't worry about Bree-I'm sure she'll be in great hands! (Those letters were easier than I thought... my dad cut the wood, we just painted the edge of the wood the color that we wanted, and used adhesive glue for the scrapbook paper on the front. Then we painted the letters and glued them on....my mom's a genius! She's one of those people who see a craft and says, "I can make that!" I wish I had that creativity... too bad I just get my cute crafts from her! I know that was very brief so if you have any other questions on it, let me know!
That trip will be so fun! We went on a mini overnight trip in October (hence the now pregnancy!) and it was wonderful! It was so much better than our honeymoon because I felt that I truly appreciated our time together more (because it is so limited!). It was a perfect trip and I still look longingly back on it!
hurray! i am so vicariously excited for you guys, because I would LOVE some time away with just my honey.
i think it's great. after taking our anniversary trip WITH kya (we didn't have a choice), i now 100 percent support leaving babies at home when you go on vacation :) have fun!!
Enjoy your vacation and know that Aubrey will be fine! What a great opportunity for you two! It is very different to be without your sweet attachment, but so nice to just BE! (especially when you are with your sweetheart!) Will you be bringing Dave Matthew's with you? hee hee
P.S. I was looking through my wedding scrapbook and saw the picts of you doing my make-up! made me miss you and the good times!
megan, thanks for your comment today on my blog. I always love new blog friends. And if you're a friend of rachael's -- you're a shoe in. I think she's pretty neat (though I don't actually know her in real life...funny phenomenon, isn't it?)
Anyway, so glad you got to have a baby-less get away. I'm a firm believer in such escapes. And I have a dear spot in my heart for St. George...so I guess I think it's double wonderful!
That is awesome, good for you! I still haven't left Tyson overnight and he's 19 months. Colt and I are planning on going away for the weekend once we get settled in our new home. We'll probably have my mom come up too because it's so much easier when you don't have to pack for a kid. Husband time is wonderful and very important.
Sidenote: that is an awesome picture of you!
Post a Comment