Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Proud and Thankful

I've been making an honest effort to sleep for the past hour and a half, but I've been unsuccessful. Too much to think about.

Today was kind of a big day for us. Matt received his first job offer! It is a good offer for a company that he really wants to work for, and it would allow us to stay in Utah (with the possibility of some travel to South America...that's what ya get for going on a Spanish speaking mission). He hasn't accepted the offer yet. We're going to give it a couple of weeks to settle, and also figure out things with some other companies. But we're feeling good about it.

To celebrate we decided to go out to dinner. We went to the Sizzler (don't hate...kids under 2 eat from the salad bar for free...and we haven't graduated yet) and talked about the future over steaks and endless shrimp. This is something that we've been hoping for and talking about (the job offfer, not the endless shrimp) for so long, that I think we're still in a daze.

One thing is for certain, though. There is about to be some colossal change happening for our little family in the next few months. It is exciting and nerve wracking and scary and blissful all at once.

I'm just glad I get to go through all of this with Matt. I am so proud and thankful.

6 comments:

Matt Armstrong said...

Dad told me the good news when I call home to whine about being in so much pain from 3 1/2 hours in the dentist's chair this morning. CONGRATS!

If anyone knows the feeling of excitement/terror at a major life change finally happening, it would probably be me. I'm really excited for you guys--even if you end up taking another job offer. Just to know that you've got something waiting for you (with HEALTH INSURANCE!!!) has got to be a Godsend.

Kathryn Cooper said...

Congratulations! That's exciting!

Eliza said...

oooh, that's wonderful. ...and I hear ya on the major life changes happening in just a few months. I look forward to hearing how you handle it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly ;-D (you'll handle it with such grace as you always do!)

congrats again!

Rachel said...

Graduating and finding a job is a crazy time. The decisions you make are huge and you hope that everything works out. Good luck, I'm sure whatever happens it will be great.

Melanie said...

It's about time! You guys deserve a great night of exploring future possibilities (and endless shrimp, of course). Congratulations!

Chelsea and Jay said...

Oh Megs, I am so happy for you. You and your family deserve it! It is a wonderful time in life...job, house, baby! Oh, enjoy! Happy Birthday to Aubrey! Miss you!