We've spent a lot of time together, you and I. About one year (and nine months if you count the time you were squished in my tummy) to be exact. So much time, in fact, that you could say we're best friends. We tell each other everything, accept each others differences, and eat off of each others plates. Even when I'm not wearing make-up and forgot to brush my teeth, you're still my biggest fan. And even when you've leaked through your fourth diaper in a day and won't eat your peas, I wanna give you kisses.
When I was a little girl I remember making a pact with my mom that we would always be close friends. And except for a few years during puberty, we stuck to that pact. Aside from Daddy she is my very best friend. It is wonderful.
I know you're not old enough to make a similar pact with me, but I hope someday you will. I know when you're 13 you'll probably be so embarrassed by me. And when you're 15 and want to go on a date with the cutest boy, you might even hate my guts and swear you'll be a better mom when I say you cannot go. We might argue. We'll for sure disagree. But I'll still want to give you kisses.
Love,
Mom
7 comments:
So sweet!!
mother daughter bonds are the greatest!
I think that is such a great idea to write a letter to your baby girl. I hope you save it so that she can read it when she is older.
Megan, you are one of the cutest, sweetest moms I know! I really learn a lot from your example!
I love it! You guys are so cute- and isn't it the truth? Through sickness and sleepless nights, they are still our #1 fans, and we're theirs. Motherhood is an amazing thing, isn't it?
awh, what a tenderly sweet letter! Aubrey sure is lucky to have you and you her.
You're adorable. And so is Aubrey.
Post a Comment