I've been reminded of all the times as a child when I was sick. There were instaces when I threw up in my bed or didn't quite make it to the toilet in time. My mom was always there with her yellow rubber gloves, a disinfectant, and some gingerale to settle my tummy. Those were the days. The days when you could be sick in all your stinky glory, and someone else cleaned up the mess.
Those days are long gone.
Now I'm on the other end. The end that gets pooped and puked on. The end that does 6 loads of laundry in one day, gives one little girl (and myself in some instances) 3 baths, and calls the pediatrition twice. I'm on the end that cleans the couch and carpet and high chair after the fury has been unleashed. I'm also on the end that checks the cutie 48 (ok, i'm exagerating about 48...but only a little) times during the night in case of a quiet attack of diarhia.
But, I'm happy to be on this end:)
Also, my spell check feature isn't working...so please don't judge my poor spelling skills. I promise I'm not dumb. Most of the time.
11 comments:
That sounds awful. Do you get sympathy pains? I start getting paranoid thinking I'll be next to get sick so I feel sick all day even if I'm perfectly healthy. But you have to feel sorry for the little ones exploding out both ends. I feel sorry for them until it's the 4th diaper in 1 hour! Get well soon Bree!
Yes, it's so sad:( I hate it when Bree is sick and helpless.
oh man...we had/have it too! kya had it for two days, then i had it for two days. kya still has diarrhea; it's been almost a week of nonstop diaper changing. but yeah, her first real puke (this way something sooo different than the spit-up we're using to) was not fun, and it went on all night. two nights later, i was huddled over the toilet all night. so... we feel for you. i hope the worst is over...for all four of us!!
I hate it when my little man is sick as well. I think every mother has been there. When Caleb was 15 weeks old (during finals week) he had gotten sick. And he got really sick...his breathing was shallow and while on the phone with the on-call nurse, his lips started to turn blue. So we had to rush him over to Children's and he was there all night. Needless to say I didn't get any sleep for my final the next day! I hope that Bree feels better. Just push a lot of liquids.
I hear ya loud and clear... Peter's case is more mild but still, not fun.
and weird, my spell checker on blogger isn't working either!
Oh no! Is that what happened on Saturday night? I haven't knocked on your door for fear of the worst, and it's happening! That sounds just awful- please let me know if we can do anything! I do love the picture, though!
I am so sorry. That is no fun! I hope Bree gets better soon and that you don't cath the terrible sickness.
i was thinking of this post when i went to bed last night with a killer headache, sore throat, clogged sinuses, and two sick kids. man, some days i just want my mom!
I absolutely love this pic! I think it is hilarious. I am totally feeling that way today (not sick just annoyed I guess) since Brooklyn woke up at 7 and it is now 2 and she still will not take a nap. Gotta love all the things us mothers go through for our little loves!
Oh, I feel your pain! I hate it when the kids have the stomach flu! I second the suggestion to push the liquids (as I'm sure you're already doing) and to watch for dehydation. Ezra ended up in the hospital at 9 mo for dehydration (he had rotavirus and would NOT stop pooping and thrwoing up)-poor little guy. Good luck and hope the bug passes soon!
Post a Comment