Monday, December 31, 2007

Welcome 2008

I can't believe how fast this year has gone. In looking back on the year 2007 I was trying to make a list of all the big things we've done this year or the big things that have happened to us. What I came up with was the realization that this has been a pretty uneventful year, except for the birth of our baby girl. She has really made this year what it was...which is wonderful. She was our crowning achievement of 2007! We haven't made any major life changes, taken any big trips, made any large purchases, achieved any long-term goals, or done anything really spectacular... except for becoming parents.

But, having said that...I can also say with confidence that this has been one of the best years of my life, and absolutely the best year of my marriage. Even with all the stress of being a new mom, the physical recovery, the late nights, tears, trials, and fears...it has been wonderful! Here is a list of some of the things that have brought me joy during 2007.

-giving birth to Aubrey
-watching how quickly and easily Matt stepped into the role of a father
-growing closer relationships with my parents
-rocking Aubrey while she sleeps
-experiencing everything in life for the first time through a baby's eyes
-watching Matt get closer and closer to his graduation
-learning how to cook and bake new things
-Matt's full scholarship
-watching Aubrey grow and learn

And so many more that I would be typing until tomorrow if I put them all down. 2007 has been wonderful and busy and crazy, and I am ready to greet 2008 with open arms. We are looking forward with hope to Matt's graduation and full time employment, a move, Aubrey's physical progress, new friends, new adventures, and all that the Lord has in store for us!

Then & Now

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful year indeed. I love your positive attitude.

missy. said...

happy new year, megan, matt and baby bree! :) we miss y'all.

whitney said...

Isn't it crazy how much changes in a year! Babies sure know how to shake things up!