Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Update

Aubrey is taking a really good nap right now. She's been asleep for 2 hours, and is showing no signs of waking up any time soon! So, I thought I'd take a minute and update everyone on the current status of our insurance nightmare.

Matt's brother-in-law (who is a lawyer) has been helping us put together an appeal letter. He is really smart and knows a bunch of lawyer mumbo jumbo that sounds really impressive and scary:) So, once we send the letter then we'll have to wait (forever, I'm sure) and see what they decide. Matt's BIL says that if they deny us again we should sue them...but that sounds really scary to me, and I'm not sure if I'm really up for all of that.

In the meantime, today I found out that Bree is eligible for a government program that will cover all of her health care needs, and it is even retroactive, which is great news because we owe a lot for her physical therapy bills! Yay! We also found a place that will give Aubrey free physical therapy! Even though it is sometimes difficult to be in a tight financial situation, I am so glad there is help out there for people like us. I am not too prideful to take help whenever I can get it...but I'm also glad that this is only temporary:)

What else...oh yeah! Aubrey is getting stronger and stronger every day. She still isn't sitting on her own for longer then about 20-25 seconds, but she is doing it much more often and fighting us on it a lot less. She really loves to sit and look at the Christmas tree...it's SO cute:) She is also starting to push with her legs a lot more...which is really important as well.

We will be taking her to the neurologist again on Monday, and are really anxious to hear what she has to say. Even though I really hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Bree, I am kind of hoping she wants to run some tests...just so we can have more information.

We really appreciate all the love and support we get from friends and family. Thanks for the phone calls, emails, and prayers. We love you all!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That's great that so many things are working out. I hope that the insurance company doesn't deny you again after the appeal though. That would be lame.

missy. said...

i'm really glad to hear that things are progressing well. good luck with everything.

and also, i love that bree loves the christmas tree. cute baby!

Kristyn said...

I'm so glad you found some insurance help! Good for you! And honestly, I would probably sue if I was refused again. Like it was said in You've Got Mail (which was quoting The Godfather), Go to the mattresses! Meaning it's not personal, it's business. You'll never see these people face to face anyway.

Kathryn Cooper said...

That's great news. Especially the retroactive part. Keep us posted.