Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Bunch

I realize that pretty much everyone has taken a break from the blogosphere for the Holidays...but my hubby is watching the BYU game, my baby is sleeping, and I feel like blogging. So there.

We just got back from a quick little trip to Matt's folks house. It was just a nice little getaway. Friday night we got some wonderful Cafe' Rio (mmmmm....pork enchiladas...), played some hearts (i lost...like always...) and laughed our little tail ends off while we watched Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation. Today Matt's mom and I went and saw a chick flick (P.S. I love you) while my wonderful husband and his Dad watched Bree. Then this evening we went to a Wedding reception for a family friend (where strangely enough we bumped into Donny Osmond...weird, huh?). Other then the horrendous traffic coming and going, it was a pretty good trip!

On a completely unrelated note, just because Aubrey can't crawl yet, doesn't mean she isn't mobile. That's right folks...we've got a roller! Now, Bree has been rolling for quite a while, but this silly girl has decided it's finally time to start getting around, so she is rolling all over creation to get where she wants to go. It's pretty funny! The other day I had her on the floor doing some good old tummy time when her eye caught sight of a roll of wrapping paper that was on the floor across the room, and she just went after it. It was hilarious because she would roll, and then giggle a little, roll some more, and giggle some more. It was like she had found this new freedom and she was so giddy about it! Every new and little thing she does just sends me over the moon with pride. This is what she looked like when she finally got where she was going:)

Oh, and I'm also very happy to report that Aubrey has gained 2 pounds since beginning formula! Yay!!! And, as you can see on the picture below...Bree's nose has totally turned orange from eating so many sweet potatoes and carrots. She just doesn't like the green veggies, silly girl!



But, we're a happy bunch. Orange noses and all:)

7 comments:

Eliza said...

Aahh, she looks so happy to have rolled all the way to the destination of her choosing! Way to go Aubrey!

You've seriously got one beautiful little girl.

Rachel said...

Orange vegetables really are better. She has good taste.

missy. said...

kya's cheeks turn orange when i feed her too many carrots :) i think it's cute.

Kathryn Cooper said...

Ah rolling is so fun. I remember leaving the room and coming back and having to look for Tyson. They can roll pretty fast when needed. I had to actually start baby proofing!

whitney said...

Yay! for being mobile! It seems that all babies like orange veggies better-I can't blame them, who'd want to eat mushed beans?

Aubrey said...

That's so fun that Bree is mobile now! I find that babies are so much happier when they can get where they want to go on their own. My kids never liked green veggies as baby food, but Madi loves them now. SO, there is hope!

missy. said...

hmm, my baby seems to be different from all the other babies. she loves green veggies. but i think she inherited my taste in food because she also loves tofu :) and hates bananas.