Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas

Wow, it seems like it's been forever since I've posted...but it really hasn't been that long! Well, we had a wonderful Christmas. On Christmas eve we read the nativity story together and sang silent night, then put Aubrey to bed. Then Matt and I stayed up until 2 am watching elf (it was on TV) and then watching episodes of 24. The next morning we opened presents. It was much more fun for Matt and I. Aubrey really wasn't interested. And she didn't even really care about her new toys. She still doesn't seem interested in playing with them...she would rather play with her old ones! It makes one wonder why we go to all the trouble!

And oh, the food! What glorious food. I made a yummy breakfast casserole in the morning and then I made a big turkey dinner that evening. Matt's parents came over for dinner...and we had a really fun time. I think the best part of Christmas would have to be having Matt home so much. He really is the best. He loves to be with Bree and he helps me sooo much. We had a lot of fun just being together. And even though he is back at work this week, there are no homework obligations when he gets home at the end of the day. If this is a preview of what things will be like after he graduates, then I can't wait for April!!!

On a less happy note....Aubrey has been a major crankster lately! I mean, wow. The crankiest I've ever seen her in her entire life. For about 4 days now. Nothing makes her happy. She fusses constantly...especially if I walk away from her. It could be that she is teething again, but who knows. Either way I hope she goes back to her happy self soon!

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

She may be teething...but I know that Caleb was the same way around that age. I could not settle him down, nothing made him happy. If I held him he cried and if I put him down he cried. If I gave a toy, he would throw it. If I tried to feed him, he would knock the spoon out of my hand (and make the food go EVERYWHERE!) It lasted for about 1-2 weeks for Caleb to get pass that phase. Do not get discouraged, it will pass.

Kathryn Cooper said...

After all the hard work of picking out the toys and wrapping them she doesn't play with them?! Sad! I'm sure she'll enjoy them soon enough. Hopefully she'll get through her cranky phase fast and be happy again. Tyson would be cranky after holidays too because all of the extra attention (grandparents) were gone.

Eliza said...

Megan, I'm glad you had a fun Christmas and I hear ya on the cranky baby thing... Peter is working on another tooth while fighting a cold and he's a major grump!

About digital scrapbooking... I have a software program that my husband bought me last year for Christmas. I think it was about $50.00 but with the rebate it turned out to be about $20.00, pretty good deal. There are tons of different digi-scrapbook software options. I believe you can even purchase them online directly and it will be downloaded to your computer. I love having mine and I think it was worth every penny. It is cheaper than continually buying scrapbook supplies and it's tons faster and for me it means I actually get the pictures scrapbooked! I hoped that helped!