
Well, I did it! I re-activated my gym membership yesterday and went to spinning class. It's funny because when I was driving to the gym I realized I had butterflies in my tummy. And I thought...this is ridiculous! I've done this before...I don't have anything to be nervous about! But once I got there and got going it was just like riding a bike (hahaha...get it? riding a bike? spinning? anyway...)!
I enjoyed it SO much that I wondered why it's taken me so long to get back into it. I'm not gonna lie, it totally kicked my butt, but I was able to keep up the whole time. I did every sprint and every hill and I was right there with everyone in the class. I felt pretty good about myself! And it felt good just to get my heart going and sweat buckets for 50 minutes, ya know? Even though I am majorly sore, I can't wait to go again tomorrow!
What are your favorite forms of exercise?
9 comments:
That is awesome! I really want to get into some kind of exercise program...but my exercise stroller has a flat tire and Madelyn cries when I take her out for more than 30 minutes (I think its the cold). Congrats and keep it up! You're one hot mama!
Does watching "The Biggest Loser" while eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's count as exercise?
my favorites...running, the elliptical, kickboxing, hiking,biking, and weight-lifting.
my no favorite: swimming. i always want to play in the pool, not actually swim. besides, who wants to swim laps when they could just keep throwing their two-year-old instead (wearing a life jacket) and watching her laugh hysterically?
I can't believe you just stepped right in and loved it. I went to my first cycling class a few weeks ago and it was disasterous(sp). I actually fell off the bike a couple times and one time it fell over onto me, who had just fallen over onto the wall next to me. How does that happen. And I got my shin all skinned up and bruised. And, I didn't even do everything. I just sat there and cycled. I didn't to many stand up and cycle things and I didn't do all the hills and I was super sore. Why do they make those seats so small? Ouch! Haven't gone back yet but I suppose I will soon. I must say, it was a good workout. I like running. And I like the elliptical.
Any time! We love having people over to play and Bree is just...well let's face it...a doll!
Yay for you! Congrats on being so motivated and for wanting to go back and do it again.
I love running (the pace I go is probably considered jogging), power walking (Justin never wants to go with me because he just likes to stroll along), elliptical, kickboxing (I have a few tapes I do), and I have a Firm DVD I should start doing.
Now my goal is to just do those things all a little more often (my goal is always like 5 or 6 day and it just never turns out to be quite that many, realistically more like 3 or 4) and add in some weights here and there.
Hopefully you going to the gym and doing spinning will motivate me to work out more!
all i've been doing lately is going for long walks with the baby and doing my yoga booty ballet dvds (they are soo fun!)
but we just found out about this deal at our local gold's gym where if you work at the gym (babysitting) 2 hours a week, they give you a free membership! and i know when you do the math, dollars-wise it's not that great of a deal, but the appeal for us is taking money out of the equation completely...because if we spend that time earning money, we'll just find some other necessity to spend it on.
so joe and i are trying to work out our schedules so that we can go together on his day off and babysit (we can always take kya with us), then have unlimited access to the gym (plus free babysitting if we take kya with us when we go to work out...and it's nice because we already know half the babysitters who work there because they're all our brazilian friends so i trust them with kya). cool, huh?
whoa, that was a long answer. can you tell i'm excited? :)
I try to like running and I also like kickboxing and dance aerobics. My favorite type of work out is playing team sports like soccer and basketball, but alas, I'm not on any teams right now.
What a woman! I want to do spinning classes too! Can I do them if I am pregnant? I'm so glad I saw you this past week. It's so refreshing to see people from my newly wed days. and now we are all having kids, Crazy!
Post a Comment