Friday, November 30, 2007

Highlights

So, last night we finally had our first official Mommies Night Out! In my opinion it was a great success! When I got home Matt asked how it went and I think I said something along the lines of "I don't know why it took me 8 months to do this, because it was sooo much fun!" Here are some of the highlights from our evening out.

-Girl talk! We covered everything from pregnancy war stories to becoming "True Aggies". Not that we don't adore our husbands...but nothing can compare to some good old fashioned girl talk:)

-Gigantic burgers and endless fries. Why was this the first time I went to Red Robin, because it was YUMMY! I can guarantee it won't be my last visit.

-Becca spilled her glass of water and remarked "Oh great, we don't bring any kids and someone still has to knock over the drinks!" I thought this was pretty funny:)

-Seeing Kristyn J. was another highlight! It had been too long, and we are all going to miss you when you move:(

-4 words. Mile. High. Mud. Pie. Need I say more?

-Bea had the clarity of mind to bring her camera. At the time this seemed like a good idea, but looking back now I'm thinking she is probably now in possession of some pretty good blackmail photos!

-On the way home we got stopped by a train. We were all quite loopy and sugared up from the previously mentioned mud pie. We giggled and laughed like a bunch of teenage girls while taking ridiculous pictures of each other. I'm sure the cars behind us didn't think we were a car full of mothers! What fun, to let go and be so silly! Plus, I'm pretty sure we did enough laughing to burn a bunch of calories:)

-Melanie volunteered to host the next mommies night out in January! Yay!

-And best of all, the feeling of coming home completely rejuvenated. We all have so much going on in our lives. It's so easy to get caught up in our daily tasks as mothers, and forget to take care of ourselves. I remember when I was working as a parent advocate, one of the things I encouraged all the parents to do was make some time for themselves. I would say "in order to be the best parent you can be, you really need to make sure you give yourself a break now and then." Why haven't I practiced what I preached until now? There are a million reasons, I guess. But not anymore!

Thanks for coming everyone! I hope you all had as much fun as I did:) Be sure to check Bea's blog for all those crazy photos!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay! You covered it all! I think another favorite part of the night was trading drinks around the table so we could all get a taste of the good stuff. The night was a hit, and I'm already looking forward to the next one! Thank you, thank you, thank you Megan for getting this going!

Bea said...

Oh it was a best night really. Thank you Megan for the idea and Im also so excited for the next one:) I had so much fun with you guys so thanks again! I'm still smiling when i look back:) The pics are coming soon to my blog.Yay!
Bea

missy. said...

you had never been to red robin?! joe and i used to go there all the time. my favorite thing is their mozzarella sticks, so make sure you get those the next time you go :)

i'm glad you had fun...

Robnz Fam said...

I know! Sounds like a ton of fun. I will plan on the next one for sure :0).

Erica said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I wish I could have been there. Miss you guys! What a good idea. I'm gonna have to plan something like that around here. Girls can get pretty crazy :)

Kristyn said...

It was so much fun! Thanks again Megan!