
Despite our REALLY bad news on Friday, our weekend turned out surprisingly well. After sobbing my eyes out for about an hour straight and reapplying my makeup twice, Matt's mom came over to watch Bree while we went to a senior banquet/seminar thingy for Matt. I had contemplated calling the whole thing off and staying home in my P.J.'s while having a nervous breakdown, but we decided the alternative would be better. I am so glad we went. Bree was an angel for Grandma and went to sleep at 7 pm on the dot without making a peep the rest of the night. Matt and I really enjoyed the dinner, the schmoozing, and the 3 1/2 hours of "us" time. It was greatly needed. On the way home I really thought about making a break for it and heading to Vegas or something, but we knew we would miss our little Bree too much:) Of course that night I didn't get much sleep with all the anger and worry rolling around in my head, but I've survived on less.
So on Saturday we went to visit my Mom and Dad. It was wonderful! Bree was spoiled beyond belief, and we were as well! What a blessing to leave our parents house with a car packed full of things we didn't come with! They also spent a lot of time helping us work through this insurance disaster and helping us make plans. More than anything they (and Matt's family) comforted us by letting us know we won't have to fight this fight on our own. I'm telling ya...this family stuff is a good thing! Later that night they watched Bree for us while we went to a movie ("Dan In Real Life"...highly recommend it! perfect mix of happy, sad, funny, romance).
All in all, the weekend started out really rough, but ended with the assurance that with all the people we have on our side, everything will get worked out. A common theme that was spoken by both my father and Matt's mother was "this is what family is for".
So, God gives us mountains. But the good news is, he doesn't make us climb them alone.
6 comments:
I'm sooo glad to hear that your weekend was great! It's so hard to be able to let things go and live life like you did before. I admire you greatly for being able to put things aside - I would have spent the entire day crying and never made it out of the house for anything. And I've been known to do that for far lesser mountains. :)
What an inspiring little thought you managed to come up with through this messy situation. I commend you for keeping a positive attitude and perspective when hard times come. That is a tough thing to do but we know it will all work itself out in the end :) Good luck with everything!
Hey Megan, this is Christine Gibb (I used to be in the ward)...I hope you're not offended that I'm taking the liberty of making a post! I keep up on Melanie Morales' blog...I checked her's today and realized the link to "the nelsons" was you guys! Anyway, it was so fun to see what you've been doing the last little while! I read your post about the loss of insurance and am just sick for you! Again, I hope you're not offended, but my younger brother had a lot of low muscle tone problems (along with many others) when he was born and did physical therapy for years. It sounds like his care was at least similar to what Aubrey has been doing. My mom dealt with a lot of insurance frustration and found an organization that she loved! It's called "Kids On The Move" and its actually a free therapy system for young kids (early intervention stuff). I know there's some system of qualification, but it is free. Anyway, I know you probably feel like you don't know me too well anymore (it was good to see you at the library the other day, though) and I hope you're not offended by any of this. I'll be thinking of you and wishing for the best for you! Your daughter is absolutely darling, by the way!
i'm sure you've looked into many options, but just in case, here's the link for Kids On the Move http://www.kidsonthemove.org/services/
Very true!! Family is wonderful! It is a gift to be able to accept help from others.
Meg, I am so sorry to hear about your insurance disaster. You are so good at always finding the positive in things. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help. Even if you just need us to watch Aubrey once in a while. I know you have lots of family to help with that, but we don't mind helping out too. Or if you ever need to get out, you and Aubrey are welcome to come visit, or maybe we can just go walking around the mall. I want you to know that you are always in our prayers!
Megan, while reading this and the last post, I kept thinking how on earth does this girl not know how strong she is? I have always thought of you as an a very strong person and the fact that Matt had to tell you that surprised me. You will move mountains, no doubt about it, Megan. You'll look back and see how strong you were through it all and be quite proud of yourself, I am sure of it.
Good luck!
Post a Comment