Friday, October 12, 2007

Mommy Moments

I know that people aren't really interested in reading blogs about Aubrey's b.m.'s, but I like to use this blog to record things about my life as a mommy, so I won't forget things. So today I had a funny thing happen. Aubrey has been a little, umm, backed up lately. I wasn't really too concerned about it until this morning. She had been really fussy all morning (which is unusual for her), and wouldn't eat. Then I would keep hearing her strain like she was trying to go. So I tried helping her out by putting her in her bouncy chair (that usually does the trick), but it wasn't working. I kept saying "it's OK baby, just let it go!", but she wasn't having it. So finally after listening to her cry and not knowing what else to do I decided we would go for a "poop drive". You see, I can pretty much count on her pooping anytime we get in the car to go somewhere...which can be really annoying sometimes. But we didn't really have anywhere to go this morning so I decided we'd go for a little ride to see if we could get things movin'. So, I got her all bundled up, put her in the car seat, and hit the road. Well, I didn't even get 5 minutes away before she went! She is a funny girl:)

It made me wonder...am I going to have time to do things like go on "poop drives" when I have more than one child? Probably not! I may not even notice that someone is backed up when I have more kids. I'm really enjoying the time that I have with Aubrey right now. She is so funny, and I feel like I know her so well. It seems like second nature to understand her wants and needs, sometimes even more than I know my own wants and needs. She's my girl. I know when she is bored, or needs to be snuggled, or needs to have some quiet time. I know when she's too tired to do her stretches or too grumpy to let Daddy tickle her. I can tell when a change of scenery would be good for her, or when she just needs to stay home. I don't know how it happened...but sometimes I feel like I know Bree better than I know myself. Is it possible to attain the same kind of knowledge with all of your kids, or is it always different with your first? I guess we'll find out in a few years.

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

That's funny, I feel the same way with Caleb. I just know him so well.

Ann said...

I'm glad I'm not the only mom who is aware of their child's bm's. I once took Halle to the doctor because she wasn't having them everyday at the same time that she normal did. I'm sure the doctor thought I was crazy! The things we do as moms!

missy. said...

i think that all the time: the rest of my kids are going to be so neglected in comparison to kya ;)

Rachael said...

i was really worried about that too. and while juliet definitely doesn't get as much one-on-one time with me as abigail did, we do still have lots of quiet time just the two of us--nursing, playing with her while abigail naps, cuddling her at night when abigail's in bed, etc. neil has taken abigail swimming or things like that a few times too so that i can just have some quality time along with juliet...it's nice!