I think I'm noticing this more lately because Charlie's language is exploding, and we are talking and communicating with such ease...all day long. For instance, about fifty times a day Charlie will ask me what I'm doing.
Charlie: mommy, whatcha doin'?
Me: I'm washing dishes, what are you doing?
Charlie: I, uh, um, I don't know!
And because Charlie is two, and has a lot of emotions, I've been trying to teach him the right language to express his feelings. I think it's a little confusing for him. This afternoon when he woke up from his nap our conversation went like this...
Charlie: I feel angry!
Me: I'm sorry you feel angry, do you want to tell my why you feel angry?
Charlie: no! I feel sad!
Me: oh, you're sad? Sometimes I feel sad too. Do you wanna talk about it?
Charlie: no, I'm ok. I feel happy!
This morning after Aubrey had left for school, he was sitting on a kitchen stool while I made him a snack. I started just talking to him. I was just telling him a story and kind of just rambling on and on...just for the sake of talking. Then suddenly I just stopped talking and looked at him...and he was watching me very intently, and then he said.."uh-huh?" Like he was waiting for me to get to the point already. And it just struck me as so funny, I just busted up laughing.
All this this is to say, he is pretty cute, and funny, and I really enjoy the one on one time we get to spend together when Sis is at school. I am lucky. And I know I will never take for granted how wonderful it is to have my child talk to me.



No comments:
Post a Comment