"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Thursday, January 3, 2013
Baby Boy
Dearest Charlie Boy,
It's hard to believe, but we recently celebrated your first birthday! We kept it simple, and had a few small gatherings with family, cake (which you loved), and presents. It was a wonderful way to cap off the holiday season.
At one year, you are taking a few unassisted steps...but mostly you still crawl everywhere or walk holding on to furniture or walls. You clap, wave, blow kisses, drink from a sippy cup, mimic motions that go with songs we sing, and mimic sounds. You are starting to enjoy story time, and are pointing to things in books. You babble a lot, but you don't say any words. My prediction is that your first word will be Dog. You are trying really hard to say that one.
You are my wild little boy! You are in to everything. We have had to baby proof for you in ways that we never did with your sister. And boy, you are trouble sometimes. When you are doing something "naughty" and we say "no no Charlie", you smile at us and keep doing the naughty thing. It's hard not to laugh and smile at your mischievous little grin. But, if you tip the dogs water bowl over one more time...I don't know if I'll smile.
Charlie, I want you to know that you are an absolute joy to be around. Every single day you make me smile and laugh and shake my head in amazement. I don't have adequate words to describe how happy you make me and your daddy, and how deeply we love you. It's hard to remember what life was like before you came to our family. The older you get, the more I realize that you were always meant to be ours, and that you are a perfect fit.
Every night at bedtime we sit in the rocking chair while you nurse. When you are done we snuggle up with your favorite green blankie, and I tell you over and over again that you are a gift. Because you are, Charlie boy. You are a gift to me. Heavenly Father won't let me forget it. Like he wrapped you up with royal blue paper and a silver bow, and placed you in my lap. You are a gift, and I will cherish you forever.
Happy Birthday my love,
Momma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy belated birthday, Charlie. Hopefully next year you'll let Uncle Matt hold you! :)
Beautiful letter for a beautiful boy :)
Post a Comment