The indentation of a tiny ear left on my arm after I have nursed Charlie to sleep.
The way Aubrey bobs her top half up and down when she wants me to sing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.
The way we cram all four of us in our bed for Saturday morning snuggles.
The way Matt and I text each other or play words with friends while I am upstairs nursing the baby, and he is downstairs cleaning up dinner.
The thrill of starting a new book.
The excitement Aubrey expresses when she hears certain Avett Brother's songs...and how she dances to them.
The way Aubrey and Charlie light up with excitement when Matt gets home from work.
The way Charlie has to have a hand on my face while he is nursing. Always.
The ability that Matt has to tell me things will work out, and make me believe him.
The way Charlie buries his head in my neck for snuggles after he wakes up from a nap.
The way I feel when I get in my car, turn the music up really loud, and go somewhere all by myself.
The way I feel when I come back home to my family again.
1 comment:
Beautiful and real. Love this!
Post a Comment