Thursday, February 10, 2011

Beachy

Today I got an email from Travelzoo.com advertising round trip airfare from Salt Lake City to West Palm Beach, Florida for $158.  Including tax!  That means that both Matt and I could fly to Florida for $315!  So I called Matt and told him about it.  He said "Do it!"  These sort of deals move incredibly fast so we had to scramble and make sure our parents could watch Aubrey on the dates we chose.  Once everything was aligned, we did it!  We are going on a 5 day vacation in May!  And since we got a steal on the tickets, and can use our credit card reward points for the hotel, it is going to be a SUPER cheap getaway.  Yahoo!

(BTW, if you love to travel and like to do it cheaply then you really should sign up with Travelzoo.  I have seen some pretty amazing deals on their website.  Yes, you usually have to act fast.  But if you can do it, it's totally worth it!)

I do feel kind of bad about taking this vacation without Aubrey, but Matt assures me that we need to have this time without her.  Plus we have all kinds of fun things planned for Aubrey in the spring and summer...including a trip to Lagoon, Seven Peaks, and camping.  So, I'm not a totally bad mom.  Right?

7 comments:

Sally said...

Good for you Megan!! What a great deal and what a great place to visit (I'm assuming)!!

Terrific Thomas' said...

Wow, I'm really quite jealous of you at this moment. I hope you have a great time!!

Lauren Davison said...

A. MAZING. Not only are you planning a crazy fun trip, but you are doing it SPONTANEOUSLY! There's such a high that comes when being spontaneous. :)

Unknown said...

definitely not a bad mom. Aubrey will have fun with her grandparents and they will have fun with her! And you will have fun doing whatever your hearts desire! Sounds like a great get away!

Erica said...

you are totally not a bad mom. i would definitely do it! my parent's have a place in ft. lauderdale which is super close - you're gonna love it!!!!

Jill said...

Lucky! I so wish we were at a point where we could do fun, spontaneous things like that!! You'll have a great time, and Aubrey won't even care!

whitney said...

Oh. my. heck. I am so green with envy I could be renamed Kermit. Seriously...that jealous.

You're not a bad mom. You're a fabulous mom for realizing that kid-free Mommy/Daddy time makes for MUCH happier families.