Monday, December 13, 2010

May Your Days Be Merry and Bright


We planned to go pick out our Christmas tree for family night tonight, but by the time we were through with dinner, Aubrey was hysterical and Matt was feeling feverish (please bless that he isn't getting an infection!), so it wasn't going to happen.  But, once Aubrey was in bed and Matt was comfortably laid out on the couch, I decided that I couldn't wait any longer...so I went out and got a Christmas tree by myself.  It wasn't the same joyous experience walking around the Christmas tree lot by myself...but I got a real beauty.  When I got home Matt helped me put it up and decorate it while we watched The Santa Claus and drank cocoa.  It was just as magical as it always is.  And now Aubrey will have a magical surprise when she comes downstairs in the morning.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Natasha and Jesse said...

Kind of sad you had to get it by yourself, but that's life sometimes. Yay for having it up- live Christmas trees are the best!

Melanie said...

That is awesome! I'm learning that the holidays are all about what we women make them! You did pick a beautiful tree!

Jill said...

Awww, pretty tree!! I'm so jealous you get a live one! There'll be plenty of more years for you guys to pick out trees together, and have it be everything you want it!!

whitney said...

boo! for having to get the tree yourself, but yay! just going and getting it done! I love the idea of surprising Miss Aubrey the next morning. I just might have to steal that idea sometime :)