The day started by meeting my honey up in Park city.
We wandered around Main St. for a while then found a place to have a late lunch/early dinner. I consequently ate the best pasta dish I've ever had in my life (creamy pesto, proscuitto, mushrooms, and divinity).
Following lunch we wandered up to the Deer Valley Amphitheater for a little event known as The Avett Brothers Concert! And remember how I mentioned that we got early entry? Well it paid off, baby! It was packed...and we were front and center.
The concert was absolutely fantastic! We love their music as it is, but these boys put on incredible live performances. They are full of energy and passion, and it really comes through while they perform. Plus their set list was pretty stellar.
So after their hour and a half set was over there was another band coming on to perform, and we decided to stay and listen to them as well. But we noticed that there was a group of people sort of milling around back behind the amphitheater, and we wondered what was up. Suddenly I thought..."I bet people are waiting back there to see if they can meet the band!" So we decided to go check it out...and sure enough...
Scott Avett was back there signing autographs. But wait for it.........
We got to meet him, shake hands, exchange a few words and get out pictures taken with him. Don't you love how he and Matt have matchy plaid? Ha ha ha.
We also met Seth Avett (who is just as sweet as can be, by the way)
And Bob Crawford
And Joe Kwan:)
And of course we got all of their autographs.
Then we got ice cream cones and spent the whole ride home talking about how awesome this night was, and our favorite songs that they played.
And we are both still smiling:)
6 comments:
Did you pee your pants? If only just a little bit?!?! HOW FREAKING AWESOME!! I hope you were able to calm that buzz and get some sleep last night! :)-
Your night definitely was better than mine! That is amazing!
LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds awesome! But your night definietly doesn't beat staying home and watching Date Line.... oh who am I kidding??
I KNEW IT! I knew you would get some awesome pics with the Avett Bros! So cool! What a fab night and so great that you and your hubby have that in common, makes it even better.
WHAT!?!? That's so fabulously freaking awesome! You're right, you win, hands down!
Post a Comment