Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Clearly Need Another One

How does this...


Turn into this...?

Today when I picked Aubrey up from preschool and she ran toward me with her backpack on I had this gut wrenching feeling...not a bad feeling, but like the air had been knocked out of me.  Who was this big child with her show and tell toy, running to meet me after school?  What happened to the little blob of sweet smelling baby fat who used to be attached to my breast for months?  The little monkey who used to roll across our house as a mode of transportation, and go to no one but me.  I'll tell you what happened.  All of a sudden she turned 3.  All of a sudden.  And just like that she was off to preschool, twice a week.  And now there is show and tell, and book orders, and a *gulp* bus.  My baby is a big girl now...and I still can't quite figure out when and how that happened.  I just know that it did, and it makes me cry, and look at baby pictures, and pray for more.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Awwwww, it'll happen! Maybe now that Aubrey is starting Pre-School, she'll become even more independent and you will get preggers soon. Everything happens for a reason, and maybe you just needed to wait for a bit so that Aubs could have something else going on in her life to help with the transition to another sibling. I can't wait to see what the next one looks like!!

whitney said...

I guess just enjoy the time for yourself twice a week...before you know it, there'll be another one and you'll have another blob of chubbiness attached at all times :)

Melanie said...

Wow! I can't usually see family relations, but baby Aubs looks like your dad! Gosh... she was so tiny and squishable! We'll pray for you, too- you make beautiful babies!