Well, I feel the need to blog, but I don't really have a lot to say right now. Life around here is pretty much the same old, same old. Aubrey is still sick on and off. We took her to the doctor this week when she was running a fever of 102, but she seems to be much better now. She hasn't been eating well lately at all, and has been a little extra cranky, so we're just trying to figure out where our happy girl has gone. Could she be cutting molars? I don't know because every time I try to check she chomps on my finger. And she bites hard!
Yesterday we went out and bought my mother's day/birthday/anniversary present...a new bike! I am so excited. We didn't get to bring it home yet because they didn't have the color I wanted in the store, but we'll be picking it up on Monday. I can't wait to take it out for a spin. We're also looking for a bike trailer for Aubrey. Then once it warms up a bit more we'll be able to take bike rides as a family. I have spring fever so bad I might scream!
This afternoon/evening we went over to Matt's parents house for a while, just to get out of our house. Sundays seem so long sometimes. We had a grand time. Aubrey LOVES to crawl all around the house opening and closing all the doors and cupboards, pulling up on the piano and pushing the keys, and playing with all the different toys that grandma and grandpa have. When we were driving home we both felt so grateful that we have the chance to live close to our families. It really does take a village to raise a child, and we will never take for granted the size of our village.
Just for the sake of an update...Aubrey has been working really hard at physical therapy. her P.T. Julie really has a special touch. When she comes she can get Aubrey to basically walk on her own with only a little guidance. For some reason, whenever I try to do the same things it doesn't work. But this really is a learning process for both of us. Also, Aubrey has picked up some of her signs again. She is doing "more", "please", "thank you", "all done", and "me". She is really good at following directions. Because Aubrey doesn't use any words yet it always amazes me how much she can understand. That little girl is sharp.
(Random thought: By the time Aubrey learns how to walk, talk, feed herself, and play with toys properly I think I ought to receive and honorary degree in early childhood development. Who's with me?!?)
Two new things Aubrey has started doing are drinking from a straw (awesome for strengthening her mouth muscles), and patting us on the back when she gives hugs. It's the cutest thing. She hugs you and pats your back, as if she's saying "there, there...it'll be alright." Little cutie pie.
All in all our little family is doing well. I'll be posting soon on my fitness journal...lots of good things!
1 comment:
I bet those hugs with a pat on the back are precious! And i do agree, you should get a degree in child development! so much experience!
We're still waiting for Olivia. Can't wait to have her and post about her, with such love, like you post about Aubrey :)
hugs!!
Post a Comment