Today I am busy making these, but while I had some time I wanted to take a minute and write my annual thanksgiving post.
Like always, there are so many things to be thankful for this year. I have a truly blessed life, and when I really take the time to sit down and think of all the wonderful parts of my life, I am so overwhelmed!
This year I really want to focus on my gratitude for my family. And while I am so thankful for all of my family members, I want to specifically show my thanks for the family that Matt and I created together.
This January will mark five years since I first met my husband. I thought that I loved him when we were dating and engaged, but it turns out that I only had a small taste of the love that I would feel for him over time. We've been through so many wonderful and challenging things together, and through it all I've been amazed that our love has continued to grow and grow.
Last night my cell phone wasn't working. I could hear him, but he couldn't hear me. So we had this really funny conversation where he would tell me things, ask me questions, and have me press 1 beep for yes and 2 beeps for no. It was such a silly little thing, but it just made me realize how much the small things mean to me. I love that we can laugh together and be silly, I love that Matt thanks me for dinner every night even if it's grilled cheese and soup from a can, and I love that he still likes to call me during his lunch break just to see how my day is going.
I am also thankful that I can count on Matt during good times and bad times. We've had our fair share of trials over the years, and I am always amazed at Matt's strength, optimism, and faith. There have been more times than I can count where the day has ended with me pouring tears onto his shoulder, and dumping all my fears into his ears. What would I do without his calm reassurances and comfort? In short, he is everything I need and more!
And my little Aubrey. It's hard to remember what life was like before she was a part of our family. Being a mother is one of the most spectacular gifts that Heavenly Father has given me. Aubrey's spirit is so sweet and so strong. The spirit she brings into our home is almost tangible!
I am so thankful for the wonderful example that Aubrey is to me. Even at such a young age, she still teaches me things everyday. She is a wonderful example of determination, unconditional love, and happiness. I am so thankful for the privilege it is to be her mother and her friend. I am thankful for all the hugs and kisses she supplies me with. I am thankful for all the joy she spreads.
And even though this post is about my family, I couldn't finish without expressing the gratitude I have for my Heavenly Father. It is through him that all of these blessing are possible. More importantly, it is because of him that I know my family can be together forever. And that is the greatest gift of all.
May you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!!
2 comments:
megan, i'm so sad that we missed you while we were in town. i'm sorry; it was such a whirlwind. next time we'll catch you for sure!! hey, it's officially the christmas season now... enjoy!
I love your blog! Every time I read it my heart is just full. I am so glad you are my vt companion - you are the best!
Post a Comment