(Taken before ward Halloween Party)
Let it be noted that today Aubrey pulled herself up to stand for the first time. It happened like this:
I went into her room to get her up from her nap. She was sitting up in her crib. Before I got her out I walked over to the window to pull back the curtain and open the shade. When I turned back to the crib she grabbed the edge, stiffened her legs, and pulled herself up! She didn't really do it the "right way", and she almost immediately sat back down...but who cares!!! It was awesome!
And the icing on the cake? She did it again later that afternoon! Which is really cool because a lot of times she will do something new, and then we won't see her do it again for a month.
The most awesome part of Aubrey's development right now (to me anyway) is her self-motivation. She has really gotten to this place where I can tell she feels confident and curious. And more than ever she is trying to show a little independence. It is so wonderful to see her learn new things because she actually wants too, and not because she is being coerced. I LOVE it!
We're so proud of our little bumble bee!
9 comments:
Adorable costume! Funny, that picture gave me a moment of "I miss Aubrey's adorable foot rolling" -- that movement she did while sitting. I loved it!
Kristin, I'm not sure what you're talking about?
So cute! I was going to say Bumble Bree myself, but you beat me to it! I love the costume!
And way to go on the pulling up! Aubs is so tall, I hope she doesn't pull herself right out of her crib!
Yippeee!!! That is awesome that she pulled herself up twice and I agree--who cares if it is the "right way" because Aubrey obviously has her own right way to pull herself up.
Way to go Aubrey! She is amazing! ... and the cutest Bumble Bree I've ever seen!
Such a cute bumble bee! Thanks for the egg and the chat yesterday. Also, thanks for the heads up on chili #11...it was good and ended up winning 2nd place!
She looks so cute! I was so sorry we missed you Wednesday night. The kids kept me pretty busy for the first hour.
I'm so glad to hear she pulled up to stand, and the day we had talked about that. See how it goes.
That picture belongs on the cover of parents magazine. So cute. I am so glad she pulled herself up to stand! That is so exciting!
yay! yay! Bree!!! That's so exciting about her standing up. Love the costume too-she just looks adorable in it.
Post a Comment