I am so done with winter. I mean it people. Today was the most bitter cold day. I know, I know. I'm from Michigan...I should take it like a man, right? Wrong. I haven't lived in Michigan for nearly 7 years. And I won't take it like a man. I'm taking it like a wussy woman who doesn't go anywhere because she doesn't want her baby's fingers to freeze off. I am taking it like a mom who has cabin fever because she doesn't have anywhere to go. That's how I'm taking it.Winter is beautiful. I love the way the mountains look, all covered in snow. I love watching snow flakes fall and weigh down the branches of trees. I love having a white Christmas, and seeing snowmen in yards. But about this time every year I start really hating winter. And the time has come.
Tonight we had Indian food for dinner. When I was pregnant I grew to really hate Indian food. Granted, I had horrible heartburn while pregnant, and we all know Indian food isn't always digestion friendly. Since then I haven't been able to stomach the thought of it. Poor Matty has been begging for Indian food for ages. Anytime we are going to go out he asks for it. I always say no. Well tonight a homemade dinner did not come to pass (because of various reasons that I don't need to justify). So I thought we would do a "help-yourself" dinner of leftovers once Aubrey went to bed. While I was bathing her Matt left to "run an errand", and he came back with chicken coconut kurma, chicken tikamasala, and garlic nan. I had no choice but to eat it. I did...and it was FABULOUS! No more Indian food aversions!
Question. Is it trashy to have a hickey...even if you're married? I mean, let's just say that a married friend of yours had a hickey (sp?) on their neck. Would you look at that person and think "what a hussie!"? No reason...I'm just curious:) Also, when I started this paragraph with the single word "question" did it make you think of Dwight from The Office? I miss Dwight.
Blogger's Block. Ever have it? You know, when you want to blog but you don't really have anything to blog about? I have it right now. That's why this post is so random. And boring.
5 comments:
Aaah Dwight (or Dwigt, lol) ...our dear assistant TO THE regional manager... I miss him too...and Jim, Pam, Stanley, Meredith, Mr. Michael Scott, Angela, ...them all. *sigh*
And DITTO to being done with winter as beautiful as it can be. I had complete cabin fever too and so I took Peter to the elementary school nearby today. He had fun for about two minutes and then he wouldn't stop bawling because he was SO cold (and I walked there because my husband had the car at school...so the walk home was not a happy one)
I don't think I'd think a married person with a hickey was a hussy. I'd probably just laugh and think to myself that I should get one too :-D
Oh, and completely understand the nothing to blog but want to blog dealio.
Never tried Indian food. We always talk about it but never get around to it. Maybe I should make a date night out of it. Hooray for your cute husband and his "errand".
And keep being random, because I always love ALL your posts.
The end.
I love it random because I'm random and have a short attention span. You need to move to Texas! There's plenty of room down here, and it's cheap. We're always trying to get our Utah friends to convert to Texas. Ok so this is embarrassing, but I got a hickey not long after being married. The thing is I worked at the MTC as a custodian and directed the Elders where to clean for their service time. I didn't want to make them have any bad thoughts so I tried to cover it up with makeup. Awkward! But no I wouldn't think anyone was a hussy if I saw one on someone. I'd just laugh.
not boring.
dwight gives me the creeps.
and...why do i always end up playing the role of the hussy in your comments section? i gave joe a hickey about a month ago. he was so embarrassed at work. ha!
Haha. Missy, you do not play the role of hussy! as you probably could have guessed from my post, I am now the new owner of a very visable hickey. I'm not sure whether to be proud or humiliated!!!
Kathryn, Texas doesn't sound too bad right about now. Our heat has been running non-stop since yesterday...and it's still cold in here! We have it set at 70 and the current temp in my bedroom is 66:(
Eliza, I highly suggest indian food (unless you are preggers). Also, thankyou for sharing my love of the office:)
First off-totally not a boring post. Honestly, I love random posts-they're the best!
Second-I agree-I am sooo over winter. Bring on the spring!
Third-Indian food. Mmmm. We haven't gotten any since Provo...
sigh...
Fourth-Nope, hickeys aren't trashy-not if the person's married. At least I don't think so. That might be b/c I seems to get them so often:P. Mostly I just pretend I don't have them (after covering them w/a little bit of makeup if they're reallly bad) and if someone teases me about them, I just smirk and say it's a curling iron burn or maybe that they're just jealous-something snarky.
Post a Comment