This morning as I was washing out Aubrey's bottles, and complaining to myself that I have even more dished to do now that she is weaned, I decided that I needed to look at this another way. I needed to be more positive about this situation. So here is a list of things that are good about Bree using bottles now.
1. Anyone can feed Aubrey. This means that Matt can get up in the morning while I sleep in, or that if there were ever a reason I needed to be away for more then 3 hours, I wouldn't have to worry about how she would be fed.
2. When I get dressed in the morning, now I know I will get to keep my shirt on all day! Woo Hoo!
3. No more fear of exposure. It is really nice to be able to be out and about and not have to worry about finding a discreet place to nurse. No more hiding in the car or missing out on fun family activities while I sit in a quiet room somewhere.
4. No more nursing bras! Let's be honest, most of them offer an utter lack of support. Yay for Victoria's Secret:)
5. I can diet a bit more vigorously now that I'm not worried about losing my milk supply. 4 more pounds and I'll finally be back to my pre-baby weight!
3 comments:
I had to stop breast feeding Tyson at 5 months. I had an ovarian cyst the size of a tennis ball. I was put on birth control and asked to stop breastfeeding. At first I was sad to be forced to stop; and I missed that special time. But then I loved not breast feeding so much I felt guilty! For my personality the good outweighed the bad. I'll breastfeed my other kids for 6-12 months if possible. I really enjoyed not feeling used, I know that sounds crazy but that's how my emotions work.
I'll give you one tip on formula. Tyson got to where he didn't mind it cold. If I was on top of things I could make a pitcher of formula for the day and keep it in the frige. He would drink it without any heating. Amazing! Think about it, we don't drink hot milk. Just an idea that will save a lot of time and energy. Especially while traveling; just bring water and have the powder separate. Good luck!
I too hate nursing bras! (and love Victoria Secret) And I too would enjoy to keep my shirt on all day long! ;) So, I think you are on the right track...
Looks like you have found all of the reasons I am looking forward to not nursing anymore. Although I love it, I can't wait to experience all of the things you mentioned! I'm glad to see you've found all of those wonderful things that benefit you at this stage in Aubrey's life :)
Post a Comment